PMDG Flightplan Export

Hi Urs,

thanks for your Explanation.

But consider twice. FSX/P3D is just a game. Flying around the world is for me just for leisure activities. When you develop EFB for Profi-Pilots or Flight-Students in education - it´s OK.

But it should also have the simple functionalitys for leisure Pilots who don´t want to make complex Flightplanings in PFPX with all the 1000 Parameters.

Why i love EFB 1? - A simple generated Flightplan by PRO-ATC X can be easily imported to EFB and also generated as *.rte for the PMDG FMC. 

In EFB 2 there is no simple function like that.  For Flightplan Planing and Import/Export to a FMC is only with a second (payable) Tool possible.

I would be very happy, when EFB 2 could be used by leisure pilots like me. A simple Funcion to Import .pln Flightplans and Export as *.rte like the old Version would be great.

Best regards.

Stefan

Hey guys,

I also was searching the Exporters and was a bit sad that they aren't here in the new version BUT then, I did a bit of research :D and found out, that Simbrief is providing a nice little Tool, which downloads and exports the created Flightplans to all the Systems (incl. EFB v2) where you need it.

I like that approach now much more cause I have my fuel planning and flightplans all in one, just check it out, probably you will like it too :D

I did my flightplanning now before the flight, than start my Simbrief downloader and then start my Aivlasoft and Sim and lets go :)

(I did not use Simbrief in the past cause the feautre of Flightplan Export of EFB 1, BUT I also was using a 2nd Tool for Fuelplanning and and and :P)

I am also very disappointed that that there are no exporters in v2.0.

I understand all the real-world stuff, etc. and I can certainly enter FPs manually into a FMC, but it was very convenient and saves some time. Between flight planning, fuel calculations, etc. it was a very useful feature to be able to export FPs for common payware aircraft such as PMDG, etc. which doesn't have a flight planner like Quality Wings, etc.

I hope that exporters are reconsidered.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:54 PM, Bratwurst22 said:

A simple generated Flightplan by PRO-ATC X can be easily imported to EFB

So you should ask why PRO-ATC X can't do an export directly for your payware aircraft. Probably because of the same reason EFB doesn't. They are not flight planning tools. Converting flight plans should stay with the software where the plans are prepared. Or even better, payware aircraft should accept standard formats and not require a special format. Just because everyone is inventing an own flight plan format, it cannot be the job of other developers to feed that format.

5 minutes ago, Mr. ATC said:

So you should ask why PRO-ATC X can't do an export directly for your payware aircraft. Probably because of the same reason EFB doesn't. They are not flight planning tools. Converting flight plans should stay with the software where the plans are prepared. Or even better, payware aircraft should accept standard formats and not require a special format. Just because everyone is inventing an own flight plan format, it cannot be the job of other developers to feed that format.

I guess the point is that this feature existed in v1.x of EFB. The work was already done, so why not add the existing exporters to v2.x?

Don't be too picky on that "real world" issue. I agree, Simming is Entertainment, Leisure, whatever you name it. There are so many  tools around that can provide flightplans in various formats, even in *.efbr EFB format, and all with one click. I simply don't understand why you would want to import a Flightplan into EFB, then export it to another Add-On, although you can get  the same Flightplan in that Add-On format too. There is simply no need to have an exporter in EFB because you can get any flightplan in almost every format. There were some examples already mentioned. Why making exporters for something that can be obtained elsewhere? 

On 7/1/2018 at 1:54 PM, Bratwurst22 said:

Hi Urs,

thanks for your Explanation.

But consider twice. FSX/P3D is just a game. Flying around the world is for me just for leisure activities. When you develop EFB for Profi-Pilots or Flight-Students in education - it´s OK.

But it should also have the simple functionalitys for leisure Pilots who don´t want to make complex Flightplanings in PFPX with all the 1000 Parameters.

Why i love EFB 1? - A simple generated Flightplan by PRO-ATC X can be easily imported to EFB and also generated as *.rte for the PMDG FMC. 

In EFB 2 there is no simple function like that.  For Flightplan Planing and Import/Export to a FMC is only with a second (payable) Tool possible.

I would be very happy, when EFB 2 could be used by leisure pilots like me. A simple Funcion to Import .pln Flightplans and Export as *.rte like the old Version would be great.

Best regards.

Stefan

Your right, the PMDG FMS-FMC will only allow .rte or .rte2 file formats to be recognized, .pln wont work. I have a great deal of respect for urs & team, however, having sat on a few boards I can tell you it could be a poor marketing decision. PMDG IMHO is the premier Aircraft on the  market. All the darn knobs etc actually work. The flight dynamics come from Boing engineering. They have a huge following and get a decent price for their products, deservedly so, like urs & company.

Just my thoughts, no offense meant!

Regards

BaldyB

1 minute ago, BaldyB said:

Your right, the PMDG FMS-FMC will only allow .rte or .rte2 file formats to be recognized, .pln wont work. I have a great deal of respect for urs & team, however, having sat on a few boards I can tell you it could be a poor marketing decision. PMDG IMHO is the premier Aircraft on the  market. All the darn knobs etc actually work. The flight dynamics come from Boing engineering. They have a huge following and get a decent price for their products, deservedly so, like urs & company.

Just my thoughts, no offense meant!

Regards

BaldyB

I couldn't agree more on the "feature praise" for PMDG. So why does nobody ask PMDG to accept other Flightplan formats? Funny enogh, my guess is that nobody would ever dare ? But ok, AivlaSoft should do it then, just because PMDG can't on won't? It's a kind of logic that I can't follow properly.?...

I am disappointed that EFB can't export flightplans. It was my starting point for flight planning. I could create a flightplan in  EFB and fly it today using PMDG and tomorrow using Aerosoft and the plan would be available in PRO-ATC as well as ActiveSky....Bummer..

Richard

5 minutes ago, RWalls said:

I am disappointed that EFB can't export flightplans. It was my starting point for flight planning. I could create a flightplan in  EFB and fly it today using PMDG and tomorrow using Aerosoft and the plan would be available in PRO-ATC as well as ActiveSky....Bummer..

Richard

Why not create the plan in Simbrief, and then you can load the plan into everything you mentioned including EFB, with one click? It's fast, accurate, and free. 

1 hour ago, lonewulf47 said:

I couldn't agree more on the "feature praise" for PMDG. So why does nobody ask PMDG to accept other Flightplan formats? Funny enogh, my guess is that nobody would ever dare ? But ok, AivlaSoft should do it then, just because PMDG can't on won't? It's a kind of logic that I can't follow properly.?...

I think I read somewhere that PMDG's unique handling of the mouse control for switches and knobs needed a unique or larger file format interface. .pln was not big enough?

In any event I will find a solution eventually,  I do enjoy the challenge of making it as real as it gets, PMDG's saying! Again I mean no disrespect, different company's make different decisions.

Regards

BaldyB

Hi Guy´s

i found a solution for me when using PRO-ATC X and PMDG using the EFB Uploadlink. 

The Flightplan can also be send direct from PRO-ATC X to the PMDG - FMC.

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2944-flight-plan-pro-atcx/

Works great. I am happy now to use EFB 2 so simple like EFB 1 (without complex planning in PFPX)

Stefan 

Gentlemen, let's conclude this discussion about exporters : There are none for a few reasons. I know, many of you use the argument "that they were present in v1". Simulation has greatly developed and improved over the last few years, also in tems of Add-Ons and free websites for all kind of Route planning. But the initial statement is this:

EFB v2 is NO (and it never claimed to be) Flight Planning software! Although it has limited planning capabilities for short flights, it is NO Flight Planning software. it is - as its name says - an Electronic Flight Bag containing all sorts of information to conduct a Flight AFTER the routing has been planned.

EFB v2 is a piece of software which uses it's own Flightplan (routing) format like many other Simulator Add-On do. It furthermore allows direct loading (uplink) of Routings in formats such as *.txt, *.pln and holds it's own library of Company routes in *.efbr format.

Why is this funny idea still present, that there seems to be kind of an "obligation" for EFB v2 to offer export facilities for other Add-Ons Filghtplan (routings) format? I repeat it: EFB v2 is NO (and it never claimed to be) Flight Planning software! Would you ask any other Add-On manufacturer that offers an Add-On with it's owh Routing format to provide exporters for other Add-Ons (PMDG, FSL, Aerosoft, Majestic to name only a  few)? No, of course you wouldn't. So why do you think EFB v2 seems to be obliged to provide this feature? As it has been previously mentioned, this must be in the hands (and it is!) of the numerous Flightplan (Routing) Creation programs and websites. Most of those Routing Creation Programs offer export provisions for many different formats, some even simultaneously at one click. So again: why should EFB v2 also include this feature, if it is already present in many Flight Planning facilities?

I can't repeat it often enough: EFB v2 is NO Flight Planning software...?

just want to add to 'Oskar's' post, EFB's are what they say on the tin an Electronic Flight Bag', and that is it will give you data for you flight, they are NOT a flightplanning tool at all, so why should EFB export flight plans?  

Now what EFB does currently is accept 'basic' flight plans from 3rd parties like ProATC/X which is a step forward and also provides 98% of the data that is required for a flight.

I'm currently in conversion with Urs, about EFB  auto up-linking flightplans that have 'Pseudo waypoints' in them, so the future could be good on that point.

Airline parking, again already been mentioned in other threads will get implemented going forward. 

TOD, TOC flight distance, already implemented. Tailwinds, headwinds already implemented, performance calculations again already implemented. 

The biggest issue, and again it has already been mentioned is the incorrectly displayed airport runways in certain situations, again this is something that could be fixed going forward.

So, not sure what is 'really'  missing from EFB v2.0. it's about what an EFB should do and not what you think it should do.

A few issues identified within the first week and they have been fixed by Urs VERY quickly, spot on, couldn't ask for more to be honest.

What aircraft does ProATC/X not support on FP export???

Stefan, has already found out that the ATC clearance 'basic' flight plan from ProATC/X will get auto 'uplinked to EFB, so all good so far

2 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Gentlemen, let's conclude this discussion about exporters : There are none for a few reasons. I know, many of you use the argument "that they were present in v1". Simulation has greatly developed and improved over the last few years, also in tems of Add-Ons and free websites for all kind of Route planning. But the initial statement is this:

EFB v2 is NO (and it never claimed to be) Flight Planning software! Although it has limited planning capabilities for short flights, it is NO Flight Planning software. it is - as its name says - an Electronic Flight Bag containing all sorts of information to conduct a Flight AFTER the routing has been planned.

EFB v2 is a piece of software which uses it's own Flightplan (routing) format like many other Simulator Add-On do. It furthermore allows direct loading (uplink) of Routings in formats such as *.txt, *.pln and holds it's own library of Company routes in *.efbr format.

Why is this funny idea still present, that there seems to be kind of an "obligation" for EFB v2 to offer export facilities for other Add-Ons Filghtplan (routings) format? I repeat it: EFB v2 is NO (and it never claimed to be) Flight Planning software! Would you ask any other Add-On manufacturer that offers an Add-On with it's owh Routing format to provide exporters for other Add-Ons (PMDG, FSL, Aerosoft, Majestic to name only a  few)? No, of course you wouldn't. So why do you think EFB v2 seems to be obliged to provide this feature? As it has been previously mentioned, this must be in the hands (and it is!) of the numerous Flightplan (Routing) Creation programs and websites. Most of those Routing Creation Programs offer export provisions for many different formats, some even simultaneously at one click. So again: why should EFB v2 also include this feature, if it is already present in many Flight Planning facilities?

I can't repeat it often enough: EFB v2 is NO Flight Planning software...?

I agree with you. But an EFb with moving maps etc., has to have a way to get the FPL into it's bag.

Hear is the cure to every ones concerns. With Sim Brief you can create a flight plan in .rte and FSX/p3d at the same time. the format download page lists lots of stuff, like PMDG, Aivlasoft, Aerosoft, and a slew of other formats, a whole page or screen full. Since I was on SimBrief's site I noticed they have a new app called the Sim Brief Downloader. Install it and you can use a number of folders that you need. I use PMDG flight Plans and PMDG weather uplink for the FMS. And I found a folder for you guessed it, AIVLASOFT. You can browse into Ailasofts flight plan folder and dump the very same plan that you put in PMDG's FMS  format with 1 click. I haven't tried it yet but I know it will work. SimBrief is one hell of a program. I updated Navigraph in it in about 1.5 seconds.

Hope it helps.

Rgards

BaldyB

EFB can already IMPORT FPs, with the same expectations as a realWorld EFB, not sure how many times it has to be said that EFBs DO NOT export FPs and its not a flight planning tool.

Urs, has provided so many different functions that cover all possibilities to IMPORT a flight plan. That's it job done.  It needs a few tweaks, but I'm sure that will be done in good time.

Why would you want an EFB to EXPORT a Flight plan to any FMC, makes no sense at all. Use the correct tool for the correct job, simple as that. Does not matter what was in V1, EFB has moved on, get used to it.

1 hour ago, BaldyB said:

I agree with you. But an EFb with moving maps etc., has to have a way to get the FPL into it's bag.

Hear is the cure to every ones concerns. With Sim Brief you can create a flight plan in .rte and FSX/p3d at the same time. the format download page lists lots of stuff, like PMDG, Aivlasoft, Aerosoft, and a slew of other formats, a whole page or screen full. Since I was on SimBrief's site I noticed they have a new app called the Sim Brief Downloader. Install it and you can use a number of folders that you need. I use PMDG flight Plans and PMDG weather uplink for the FMS. And I found a folder for you guessed it, AIVLASOFT. You can browse into Ailasofts flight plan folder and dump the very same plan that you put in PMDG's FMS  format with 1 click. I haven't tried it yet but I know it will work. SimBrief is one hell of a program. I updated Navigraph in it in about 1.5 seconds.

Hope it helps.

Rgards

BaldyB

I use the Simbrief downloader for each flight. I have it set to download to the PMDG NGX, the Majestic Q400, the P3D fligfht plan folder for Active Sky 16's use and PF3, and to EFB version 2 with one click. 

11 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

I use the Simbrief downloader for each flight. I have it set to download to the PMDG NGX, the Majestic Q400, the P3D fligfht plan folder for Active Sky 16's use and PF3, and to EFB version 2 with one click. 

I think the Downloader is pretty slick. I bought PFPX, I think SimBrief is every bit as good. The files I put into the EFB2 clients flight plans are .efbr format.

The only problem I now have is finding my airplane in Zurich. With EFBv1 my plane was at the gate where I put it in FSX. I cannot get it out of Zurich. That needs to be fixed. Maybe I'll have to fly it out???

Regards

BaldyB

48 minutes ago, BaldyB said:

I think the Downloader is pretty slick. I bought PFPX, I think SimBrief is every bit as good. The files I put into the EFB2 clients flight plans are .ebr format.

The only problem I now have is finding my airplane in Zurich. With EFBv1 my plane was at the gate where I put it in FSX. I cannot get it out of Zurich. That needs to be fixed. Maybe I'll have to fly it out???

Regards

BaldyB

Is EFB v2 ever connected to your Simulator? Do you see any yellow or red message on the right top corner of your Client? Zurich is the FIRST defaut location for EFB v2, if no connection to the Simulator has ever been made. Do You have the proper version of FSUIPC installed?

8 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Is EFB v2 ever connected to your Simulator? Do you see any yellow or red message on the right top corner of your Client? Zurich is the FIRST defaut location for EFB v2, if no connection to the Simulator has ever been made. Do You have the proper version of FSUIPC installed?

I have FSUIPC 5 and FSUIPC wide, both paid for. I will look into it. With all do respect, when I fired up EFB v1 the aircraft appeared at wherever or whatever airport the flight plan started/ loaded at. Never a problem, that is a fact.

Regards

BaldyB

On 7/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, bobsk8 said:

Why not create the plan in Simbrief, and then you can load the plan into everything you mentioned including EFB, with one click? It's fast, accurate, and free. 

I do use Simbrief to create flight plans that are loaded into EFB. Its great for calculating fuel and time enroute among other things. However, unless I'm missing something, it doesn't create an entry for ProATCX and each flightplan that Simbrief creates has to be manually copied to the correct directory. Of course I could use batch flies to do this but EFB 1.1 did it all automatically. 

I understand that EFB can't create flightplans for every possible aircraft but I would like to see continued support for the ones already available in 1.1. Maybe I should use EFB 1.1 for flightplan creation and just point EFB 2.0 to the 1.1 routes directory for the actual flight.

Richard