Socket-Error on Startup of Client

ArzaanK

I have just purchased EFBv2. I installed the server/client/registered my license/created the database just fine. I have installed exactly according to the instructions (not changing any paths, and I made sure to create an outbound rule for Port 13 on my Windows firewall). Unfortunately, now when I try to run the server, I get the following error, 

Socket-Error while trying to create TCP listener Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted 

at z.z.z.k.i.qx(IPAddress A_0, Int32, A_1)
at z.z.z.g.i.o9()
at z.z.z.z.g.p()

I tried uninstalling, and then installing again, but I get the same error. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.d2c82d08b6f8932e003ec49a572b1c31.PNG

Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

Yes, reboot your computer. Unfortunately this is something we are not yet fully aware where it stems from. We have seen it in very rare cases and in any case it could be overcome by rebooting the computer. Please create a Support File from the Windows Start Menu (the livesaver icon under AivlaSoft) and post it here.

I got a bit over excited and tried to install the program during the middle of a long haul flight. To get it to work, I did not have to reboot my computer however. I was running Navigraph Simlink, and after my flight finished, I closed off simlink and the EFB started normally. 

31 minutes ago, ArzaanK said:

I got a bit over excited and tried to install the program during the middle of a long haul flight. To get it to work, I did not have to reboot my computer however. I was running Navigraph Simlink, and after my flight finished, I closed off simlink and the EFB started normally. 

Thanks for the update. As I mentioned we had this error coming up in very rare cases. It is however almost natural to get such an error if your computer is continuously communicating during a Simulator flight. It is never a good idea to install any software while other software ins running...? Great to hear anyway that things could be sorted.