Activating STAR

I can activate a SID, which is then added to the flight plan in the normal way. When I find the approrpriate STAR there is no invitation to activate it - so, of course, it is not included in the flight plan. Have looked through FAQs and posts but these all seem to be about either both or neither SID/STARs. My problem is with the STAR only (and then the approach, because no STAR, no approach)

Any hints on this odd problem - which has only occured recently?

Robert

Thanks for the help. The problem is not confined to one flight, but here's an example, a short flight EGGW to EGGP at FL190.
Departure SID: OLNE1B when activated the route is modified
Arrival STAR  TIPO1J selected - no 'activate' box

So to answer your questions:
- which airport EGGP Liverpool

- which STAR TIPO1J

- navdata provider (Aerosoft or Navigraph) Navigraph

- which cycle, here's a problem: I've downloaded the latest but not sure where Navigraph FMS Data Manager has put it. EFB is showing 1305, exactly a year old. Might this be the source of the problem? When I installed EFB I let it choose all its default file locations. I can find where EFB is installed - not under C:\FSX but deep down in Apps files. I wonder if I should uninstall and reinstall, choosing file locations myself? Even so, is this a separate problem from the one I reported?

- flight plan which you have created : not sure how to show this without attaching a flp file, but here is the route as shown in EFB - EGGW OLNE1B OLNEY T420 WELIN UN57 SAPCO Y53 PEDIG EGGP

Ah, I see below I can attached  the flightplan

EGGWEGGP01.flp

Arrival STAR  TIPO1J selected - no 'activate' box

Where did you select the STAR?

- via RouteSetup, then Modify

- on the Arrival segment (selected from the top of the map), then select the STAR from the 'blue' button 'EGGP Arrival' on the left

I created a new route via the RouteSetup page, as follows:

- Press Select

- Enter the ATS route into the text box "EGGW OLNEY T420 WELIN UN57 SAPCO Y53 PEDIG EGGP"

- Press OK

- Back on the RouteSetup page, enter the cruise altitude 190 and press Activate

- Then select (from the top of the map) "Departure" and click the blue button "EGGW Departure"

- Select the SID and press OK

- On the map, press Activate

- Select Arrival (from the top of the map), then click on the blue button "EGGP Arrival"

- Select the STAR and press OK

- Select Approach (from the top of the map), then click on the blue button "EGGP Approach"

- Select the approach procedure, the press OK

Can you create a route this way?

As for the proper installation of the AIRAC cycle please read this post from the FAQs:

Thanks for the support. I was a bit puzzled to begin with because I followed through the steps in your reply and got a perfect flight plan. Yet I thought I had been taking exactly the same steps myself and getting random omissions of the Activate request. But eventually I spotted my error – occasionally I was going directly to the blue ‘airport’ box to select the procedure without first clicking the phase in the menu along the top of the map. I must have been doing this rather randomly. A silly error, so thanks for putting me straight!

Robert