New and mysterious network behaviour

I have been using EFB from its release date on a network computer with no issues (Windows 7 first and Windows 10 later) .

Yesterday I updated Windows 10 on my Display Unit PC and Aivlasoft refuses to connect to the DataProvider. My server PC name remained as it was (running Windows 10 Home), when I start EFB Display I am getting a red message indicating that there is a network error.

Going to Settings, "Remote" is selected as usual, my server name remained as before, when I click on "Check Name" it tells me "OK Hostname found", then I click "OK" at the bottom of the page and I get another message:

"You either have to change the server mode to local or you must define a valid computer name on which the EFB Data Provider is running"....!

Since my network is correctly set and active, that my EFB folders are visible from the Display Unit PC on my server and all paths correctly set,  all EFB folders are excluded from Windows Defender, I wonder what else can get in the way. Having spent a couple of hours finding nothing, I turn to network gurus for help! Thank you for any guidance.

Well after another hour or so, I could reconnect my Display Unit to my network PC. For some reason, the name of my server would not be accepted anymore by the DU setup, I had to change to the IP address, that alone was not enough, I had to change the timeout sending and disconnect,, restart the DU and everything is now back to normal.

Windows update mysreries!!!