EFB cannot find ICAO codes in database (I've checked all of the folders)

Hi--

I'm running the trial version of the EFB.

I've been looking through the forum and have noted that the problem I'm experiencing has happened to other folks.  

I followed the guidance provided on the forum and checked all of the file extensions to ensure that they are correct.     I've

attached screenshots of the DataProvider window, and the settings pages on it and the EFB display unit.   Please note in

slide 3 that I tried several times to follow the folder hierarchy instructions, and each time the program kept telling me that

the SIDs/Stars folder did not exist, and the Data Provider would abort setting up.   The only way to get it to work was to

add the full extension.

I confirmed the location of the scenery.cfg folder, per your reply to a previous post, along with all of my other Prepar3d paths.

Yet, I continue to get the results specified in slides 6 and 8 whenever I try to start a flight plan.   I've tried numerous times.

I've made no changes to my scenery.cfg folder; the only add on scenery I have is a bunch of Orbx stuff.  I did that all before

I installed the trial EFB.   I don't believe  that it's become corrupted.

Some time back, on a computer that I've since replaced, I previously used the EFB, in an earlier version of Prepar3d, with Orbx

scenery, and never had such a problem.

Is there something basic I'm missing?   I'm stumped. 

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

I had a similar issue when I updated to the new version today.  However, I also had updated FSLabs, and for whatever reason even though I explicitly chose a different folder,  it ended up putting some stuff in my Documents/p3dv4 addons folder (which contained some shortcuts with missing links, etc.)  I think perhaps it was part of the uninstall of the old FSLabs A320.  However, that's not really that important.  What's important is that it causes Aivlasoft to fail during the search, but there's nothing in the log that suggests it failed, only a warning about a file not being a complete link (or something along those lines). Unfortunately, I don't have this exact information to post, because the log is overwritten now.

Anyway, long story short, I deleted those specific FSLabs folders that were causing the "warning" and this let the indexing continue.

So, my suggestion is to review your log (found in your My Documents/Aivlasoft/EFB/Logfiles) and if you see a warning during the search of airports, it's probably more than a warning, and you should review/fix that and then rerun the indexing.

Mark

Hi, 

Thanks so much.   It turned out that the scenery.cfg was indeed in 'Program Data.'    As a longtime flight simmer, it never occurred

to me that that cfg was in a different folder than the default, where it has always been before.

Sure enough, I found it in Program Data and changed the Data Provider settings accordingly..   I then ran the simulator scenery update

in the Data Provider, and all is working as it should.   Your help/suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Mherzog, thanks for your help as

well.