defective or obsolete sectors (VATSIM) ?

Hello, 

when I'm flying online on VATSIM, EFB doesn't show the right sectors? For example: I fly from LDDU to EDDP. On start, ADR_CTR is my controller (and he is online), but when I look on my EFB-Screen, there is no active controller shown. Maybe the files fir.dat and/or servinfo.dat (from your download-section, i.e. fir.dat date = 2013-05-02) is outdated? 

where can I download new sector-files? 

Regards

Thomas

Of course, I can. I've done this instructions: 

Go to the download link on the avilasoft hp to download the Vatsim Data files. Then extract those files to C:\Users\[Name]\Documents\Aivlasoft\EFB\UserData\Online\Vatsim. Now load up your DisplayUnit and in Settings under the Online tab, point the "Vatsim boundries file" to the fir.dat file and the "VATSIM definitions file" to the servinfo.dat

Now, when you setup a flight in Aivlasoft, under the Aircraft you select there will be an "Vatsim Online" thing or something like that, click on the "Check" button and click start, it will load up the Vatsim controllers and whatnot. Then when you are flying it will automatically update and may advise you to switch frequencies or on the map, you can view the other traffic by clicking on the "TFC" button on the Menu when you are in the Progress page.

Now I am located at EGCN, London Control (LON_W_CTR) is online and it seems, that he is responsible for me. But he is'nt. If i look via vattastic, I see the differences of the "sector files" (I hope I have described it fairly clearly., my english is not the best ;).

On 3/2/2018 at 8:51 PM, tstemmer said:

where can I download new sector-files? 

That's indeed a good question. EFB is utilizing old ServInfo data, but it seems that this data is no longer maintained. I guess you have to ask the VATSIM people whether there are newer files. I have newer VATSpy files but they are slightly different.