Confusing data on DisplayUnit at ENTO

When I load Stock airport (P3Dv4) ENTO in the Display Unit 1.16.15942 for an Approach RWY18 it shows: Loc. SFJ 110,95  358 (RWY 178) and that is the frequency and course (BC) of ILS/DME 36.

And...., when I check an Approach RWY36 there is no ILS approach, just a VOR/DME and a RNAV.

I used the ILS/Runway Inspector (Hervé Sors) and found in the default APX50100.bgl:

ILS/DME 36 SFJ 110.95

ILS/DME 18 TRP 108.30 

The same info is stored exactly the same in the AIRAC Data files

I wonder how AivlaSoft EFB can come up with the wrong info. It looks as if AivlaSoftEFB is using very old default data. Ignoring what's in AIRAC and what has been updated to Navigraph 1802 (by Hervé Sors' World NavAids package.

Dirk

17 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Did you run the 'Scenery Data update' after you have installed Hervé Sors' data?

Yes I did. Several times after each Navigraph and Sors's updates.

My guess is, that the DataProvider somehow reads the old file with the P3D default NavData. For restoring purposes Sors's programs rename the APX50100.bgl that contains the default stuff into APX50100.bgl.p3dini with a new active file APX50100.bgl (as I can see on the file date/time stamp). But that happens with a great number of files in the ..\Scenery directories. Maybe it is just an index thing. But since I have no clue on how the DataProvider gathers data I'm just guessing.

I'll put the question also on Hervé Sors's forum.See what comes up.

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

if the installer from Hervé renames the file to ' APX50100.bgl.p3dini ' then it will no longer be touched by the DataProvider. It does only scan *.bgl-files and therefore it will read the replaced file APX50100.bgl.

If you open the Airport-Information from within the DisplayUnit, you can see the filename which is used for a certain airport. Please see the manual, section 7, page 17.

Hi Urs,

Well..., I checked the manual and in there is tells me what file is used. But when I check my DisplayUnit's Airport Information it is blank on that spot. I checked it with another airport and that gives the same story: nothing! Could this have sometimg to do with the fact that my DisplayUnit is on a networked PC? 

Dirk

OK. I checked it out. Under Aiport Information after the double click it comes with: 

D:\P3Dv4\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX50100.bgl

This is exactly the same file that Sors's ILS Inspector uses.

On the Landing Aids Tab it shows the wrong info that I posted about before.

I'll attach the file.

This is really a weird thing.

Dirk

APX50100.bgl

Hi Dirk,

I did some investigation and that's the outcome:

The file you provided herein (APX50100.bgl) does not have the correct assignments for the following fields

- 0x0C 'ICAO identifier for primary ILS'

- 0x10 'ICAO identifier for secondary ILS'

where primary means runway 18 and secondary means runway 36.

Currently the values are "SFJ" for primary (18), and 'blank' for secondary (36).

The correct values should be "TRP" for primary and "SFJ" for secondary.

Maybe this information should you post on Hervé Sors' forum.

Furthermore it is interesting that the 'Airport Design Editor' (ADE) lists 4 ILS, two for each of the runways (see screenshot). I guess this is another indication that this BGL-file is not properly defined.

ento.png

For those users that run into the same problem:

There was indeed a problem in the bgl file. Hervé Sors has corrected it and the problem will disappear as from the 1803 update.

For those who can't wait I'll attach the correct bgl file in the 'Use alternate airport files' status.

Copy it in the appropriate directory and let the DataProvider run an update.

Cheers,

Dirk

APX50100.BGL