Cannot Install DataProvider

7 hours ago, Dane said:

My normal Documents are on my 'D' drive it seems that DataProvider does not like that.

Not sure what to do as this is as far as I get - see attached screenshot

Regards,

Dane.

DataProvider Error.JPG

OK after a lot of time I discovered some errors which I believe occurred during the install.  I am not sure what I did but I seemed to fix it.

Then another error message wanted a Port 13 to be setup so I had to do that as well - not sure why I would have to do this as you would think the installer would take care of these tasks.

Anyway it is now installed and configured (I think) as it seems to be functioning, I now have to figure it out.

I do hope for the future your installation should be made a bit more 'user friendly'.

When do we get to see the next update to the long anticipated version 2.

Regards,

Dane

Hi Dane,

glad to read that it works.

Then another error message wanted a Port 13 to be setup so I had to do that as well - not sure why I would have to do this as you would think the installer would take care of these tasks.

If you were having a hardware appliance ?

50 minutes ago, Dane said:

I do hope for the future your installation should be made a bit more 'user friendly'.

Yes it will be more user friendly (and also more support friendly :-D).

When do we get to see the next update to the long anticipated version 2.

Still in beta, but slowly it get's closer to what we would call a stable product.

Thank you.

A few suggestions for the New version:

1. Launch only one app and have the other launch automatically.

2. Or if Data provider is launched first then have a click button to launch Data display and also the other way around.

3. Be able to choose points on the map to add, change,delete by using the mouse.

4. Be able to use the mouse to navigate around the map easier - scrolling, moving, zooming, etc.

Regards,

Dane

46 minutes ago, Dane said:

1. Launch only one app and have the other launch automatically.

2. Or if Data provider is launched first then have a click button to launch Data display and also the other way around.

On a local installation this can easily be done using a batch file, but as soon as the DisplayUnit is remote this will not work. It would require a service on each computer, but this is too complicate and too error prone.

49 minutes ago, Dane said:

3. Be able to choose points on the map to add, change,delete by using the mouse.

4. Be able to use the mouse to navigate around the map easier - scrolling, moving, zooming, etc.

Is implemented in version 2.

22 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

On a local installation this can easily be done using a batch file, but as soon as the DisplayUnit is remote this will not work. It would require a service on each computer, but this is too complicate and too error prone.

Is implemented in version 2.

Wonderful - thank you...