SID STAR question wwv

1. Love the EFB.  I'm not new to FSX but  new to SID, Star.  In efb I load a SID and Star. I go to Flightaware or Skyvector to look for the EFB assigned SID or Star that EFB has assigned but, cannot find a way to associate the EFB assigned SID/STAR to these sites to view the procedure. Hding Att etc.  I hope this makes sense. I would like to see detairl on the SID/STAR EFB assigns.  Thanks   WWV

Hi,

38 minutes ago, vealeww said:

cannot find a way to associate the EFB assigned SID/STAR to these sites to view the procedure.

I don't know whether I have really understand what the problem is, but you cannot assign a SID/STAR or even an approach to any site. EFB is a mapping tool to visualize procedures. However you can create routes externally and then import into EFB, but not vice versa.

BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your post with your real first name. Thanks.

EFB allows me to select SID's and Stars to a flight plan.  Those are from within EFB. I then would like to specifically find out information about the SID or STAR EFB assigned like headings altitude etc. Since I cannot get that within EFB, I followed the suggestions on this forum and go to other sites to locate the details of the  SID/STAR. ie. EFB assigned a SID out of KATL  RWY 27R PNUTT5 (MCN) with I think PNUTT5 is the SID.  I would now like to go to other sites (as suggested) Flightaware or Skyvector to get the details of the SID.  When I get to either site, PNUTT5 is not listed as a SID.  (I have tried different SIDS and STARS but do not know how to associate what EFB assigns (names) to actual SID/STAR on the other suggested sites.  

Example of what I'm looking at in EFB.

image.png.eaabe25dc03de6affeca42a4a2fae312.png

Thanks for trying to help. Again, I'm new to SIDS and STARS, and in any case, I'm going to purchase the EFB...

Wayne  Veale

Hi Wayne,

SIDs and STARs, as well as approach procedures are depicted based on data which originally comes from ARINC-424 data. ARINC-424 is a specification used to describe worldwide navigational data used in real world aviation. In real world this data is renewed/updated every 28 days. If you are a subscriber to either Navigraph's 'FMS Data' or Aerosoft's 'NavDataPro' you can benefit from these update cycles as well. If you are not a subscriber then you got a free cycle with the EFB installer. However, this free cycle is meanwhile outdated.  This will most probably lead to some differences when compared to other sites like SkyVector or Flightaware, which (I guess) do have up-to-date ARINC-424 data. In other words, as long as your EFB installation does not use the same cycle as other sites do, then differences are most likely. If you use the same cycle than other sites do, the differences should be minimal.

I followed the suggestions on this forum and go to other sites to locate the details of the  SID/STAR

I'm really curios about who on this forum is telling you this?

Hey, Thanks, learning every day.

Wayne Veale

Another question, if I get Navigraph Charts or Aerosoft Nav Data Pro, will they automatically sync with EFB for information to be current in EFB? Is there a timing consideration with this? Just asking how EFB gets updated with current info.  OR, another way to put it in your comment-     "In other words, as long as your EFB installation does not use the same cycle as other sites do, then differences are most likely. If you use the same cycle than other sites do, the differences should be minimal".    How do I use "the same cycle?. 

Thanks Wayne Veale

Hi Wayne,

Aerosoft and Navigraph provide their own installers, or even 'Update-Management' programs. When running these programs (or installers) the data will be updated and after an update you have to run the "Simulator scenery data update" feature from the DataProvider's "Data" menu. This will update the EFB database to reflect the latest AIRAC cycle data.

When running the installer (or update program) you have to make sure that they install the data into the folder which is set in the DataProvider's 'Navigation data folder' settings. For more information about 'updating navigation data' please see the manual and also this one from the FAQs:

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/1740-installing-airac-cycle-folder-settings/