New version 1.6.15

A new version 1.6.15 is available from the download page

This version addresses a few issues concerning the new 'add-on package system' of Prepar3D v4 (and v3).

Add-on Packages are the new and recommended way of distributing add-ons (like 'scenery') in P3Dv4 (and v3). As usual this version is also compatible for use with FSX and its derivatives.

• 1 month later...

Hey, the latest version of EFB is still missing out addon scenery. I thought I'd try to clarify where it might be going wrong:

Prepar3D stores the location of registered add-on.xml files within the following two files:

1. \\ProgramData%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

2. \\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\add-ons.cfg

Furthermore within the add-on.xml files there can be multiple sceneries. For example, I have an add-on.xml for all Aerosoft airports, this contains entries for each airport, with the topmost entry being the 'lowest' in typical scenery order:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
  <AddOn.Name>Aerosoft Scenery</AddOn.Name>
  <AddOn.Description>Aerosoft Airports</AddOn.Description>          
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Category>Scenery</Category>
    <Path>F:\LM Prepar3D Addons\Ecosystem\aerosoft\SIMWINGS_LIB</Path>
    <Name>SimWings Library (Aerosoft)</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>  
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>F:\LM Prepar3D Addons\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Frankfurt 2.0 P3D V4</Path>
    <Name>Frankfurt - EDDF</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>        
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>F:\LM Prepar3D Addons\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport London Heathrow</Path>
    <Name>London Heathrow - EGLL</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>       
  <AddOn.Component>
    <Path>F:\LM Prepar3D Addons\Ecosystem\Aerosoft\Mega Airport Zuerich V4</Path>
    <Name>Zurich - LSZH</Name>
  </AddOn.Component>     
</SimBase.Document>

Right now the latest version is not recognising that there can be more that one entry inside the add-on.xml file. Therefore it only recognises the "SIMWINGS Library" entry. Please have a look at this on your next update.

Hi Adam

Furthermore within the add-on.xml files there can be multiple sceneries.

Thank you very much for your explanations. I  wasn't aware of multiple scenery references in one single file. I will fix it with next update.