Can't Reinstall EFB

EFB would not load up as usual when I tried it this morning. After spending an hour or two unsuccessfully trying to figure out the problem, I decided to start over, delete all the old files, download the current complete installation file and proceed from there. The reinstallation has not gone as planned. I tried to find every reference to EFB that was still on my computer and sent it to my Recycle Bin. I downloaded the file, unzipped it, and ran it as administrator. My antivirus protection is off. Three or four times it got part of the way, then hung up on the same location. According to the install details the error message is "Can't write: C:\Users\MyName\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\SceneryExclude.txt." I know there are other folders under user data but it never gets that far to create them. I can see that the data provider exe file and others have been installed, but it doesn't finish.

How do you think I can get this to work? I am on P3D V4.1, which is the sim that I use for EFB. Prior to getting P3D I had FSX Steam and was using EFB for that sim. Are there still any files from the first install that I am not seeing? I did a search and it appears that the only files are now in the Recycle Bin. In case this info helps, I have my Display program on a networked PC. 

Thanks. 

-- SkyMaine

Here is the install info that I have: 

Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.Common.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.exe
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.exe.config
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.Restarter.exe
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\Castle.Core.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\Castle.Windsor.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\Desaware.MachineLicense40.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.BonusSkins.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.Data.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.Office.v15.1.Core.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.Pdf.v15.1.Core.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.Pdf.v15.1.Drawing.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.Printing.v15.1.Core.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.RichEdit.v15.1.Core.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.Utils.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraBars.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraEditors.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraGrid.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraLayout.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraNavBar.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraPdfViewer.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraPrinting.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraRichEdit.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v15.1.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\Eula.rtf
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\flag_germany.png
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\flag_united_kingdom.png
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll
Delete file: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\welcome.htm
Delete file: C:\Users\SKYMAINE.chance\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider\n.bin
Delete file: C:\Users\SKYMAINE.chance\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider\o.bin
Output folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB
Extract: Castle.Core.dll... 100%
Extract: Castle.Windsor.dll... 100%
Extract: Desaware.MachineLicense40.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.BonusSkins.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.Data.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.Office.v15.1.Core.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.Pdf.v15.1.Core.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.Pdf.v15.1.Drawing.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.Printing.v15.1.Core.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.RichEdit.v15.1.Core.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.Utils.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraBars.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraEditors.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraGrid.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraLayout.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraNavBar.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraPdfViewer.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraPrinting.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraRichEdit.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: DevExpress.XtraTreeList.v15.1.dll... 100%
Extract: Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll... 100%
Extract: AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.exe.config... 100%
Extract: AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider.exe... 100%
Extract: AivlaSoft.Efb.Common.dll... 100%
Extract: AivlaSoft.Efb.Restarter.exe... 100%
Extract: Eula.rtf... 100%
Extract: welcome.htm... 100%
Extract: flag_united_kingdom.png
Extract: flag_germany.png
Output folder: C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\AivlaSoft\EFB\AivlaSoft.Efb.DataProvider
Extract: n.bin... 100%
Extract: o.bin... 100%
Extract: ta.txt... 100%
Output folder: C:\Users\MyName\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData
Output folder: C:\Users\MyName\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData
Can't write: C:\Users\MyName\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\SceneryExclude.txt

Hi,

EFB would not load up as usual when I tried it this morning.

What has changed on your computer since the last successful start of EFB? Some Windows updates? Some other installations, or uninstalls? Some configuration changes?

According to the install details the error message is "Can't write: C:\Users\MyName\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData\SceneryExclude.txt."

Something on your computer is preventing the EFB installer from writing this file onto the hard disk.

Thank you for the fast response. You ask an excellent question, one that I wondered about myself. The last time I had a fully functioning EFB was for a flight on New Year's Day, 1/1/18. The day before I had installed several Orbx products -- two airports and the Southern CA regional scenery. One of the airports did not install correctly, so I decided to reinstall the new products as well as the Global Base textures. Once everything got worked out, I set up another flight and planned to use EFB as a normally do. That's when the fun started.

On several attempts I received a strange error message. I could not copy the text from my screen for some reason, but I recall it had something about an I.O system error. Because it was an error I had never seen before, I did a search on Google for the error but found nothing that I could use to fix it. That's when I decided to do a fresh reinstallation of EFB and removed the older EFB files. 

Other than the Orbx products, I have not added any other programs to my computer or to my sims. My Windows program is set up to do updates automatically, so I don't know if there had been any new updates installed. 

All the other programs that I use for simming seem to be working very well. That includes the new Orbx sceneries, Active Sky for P3D, Vpilot, my VA's ACARS, Chase Plane, VatSpy etc.

So I am baffled as to why only EFB is having a problem. Is it possible there are still some old files that I did not delete? Changes to my registry that uninstalling would not remove? I can fly without EFB but as a long-time user of the product, I've come to rely on all the features it offers, especially when I am flying on.

Thanks in advance for your help going forward.

SkyMaine

My reinstallation worked this morning. I decided to change the permissions settings for the drive where EFB needed to go. My conclusion is that the original settings were changed, but I have no idea how that would have happened, unless the installation of the new Orbx files had something to do with it. That doesn't seem likely, but I can think of anything else that changed.

Thank you again for the time you took in helping me. I appreciate it and am looking forward to making another flight today with my EFB as my "copilot."

SkyMaine