Newbie queries

I have not yet downloaded or purchased EFB but I have read through the configuration and user documentation. I note that the EFB works through and with FSX, now several years old. My queries for confirmation are:

1) that linking to Navigraph for which I have a subscription will always mean that current AIRAC cycles are used as long as the latest cycles are updated in EFB in a similar way to say Simbrief?

2) that all third party scenery installed on my PC will be included when EFB is first installed and configured, and that operating the scenery update function after installation of new scenery/airport info will mean that new scenery is also included in EFB?

3) Initially I would plan to use EFB with the Majestic Dash 8. Is this aircraft listed in planes available or would I have to build it from scratch?

4) Once a route is compiled, is there a flight plan export facility direct to the Dash FMS, or does the route have to be manually entered?

Many thanks

Hi,

1) that linking to Navigraph for which I have a subscription will always mean that current AIRAC cycles are used as long as the latest cycles are updated in EFB

Yes. EFB is calculating and rendering the charts based on simulator data and on the currently installed AIRAC cycle date (either from Navigraph or from Aerosoft)

2) that all third party scenery installed on my PC will be included when EFB is first installed and configured, and that operating the scenery update function after installation of new scenery/airport info will mean that new scenery is also included in EFB?

Yes.

On 12/17/2017 at 9:08 PM, aviscerebrum said:

3) Initially I would plan to use EFB with the Majestic Dash 8. Is this aircraft listed in planes available or would I have to build it from scratch?

No, there is no specific Dash-8 aircraft, but ... An aircraft (in terms of EFB) is more or less just kind of a container to hold the corresponding checklists. This "container" only has two parameters, which are the 'descent angle above 10000 feet' and the 'descent angle below 10000 feet'. These two values are only used for a simplified descent calculation. In other words, the 'aircraft' can be created within some seconds. The checklists for the Majestic Dash-8 can be downloaded from the AivlaSoft website http://www.aivlasoft.com/download/index.html  and then imported using the checklist editor.

On 12/17/2017 at 9:08 PM, aviscerebrum said:

4) Once a route is compiled, is there a flight plan export facility direct to the Dash FMS, or does the route have to be manually entered?

No. There are several other exporters available but none of them creates a Dash-8 FMS formatted file.