Display Unit Map Zoom

Hi,

Quick question? Is it possible to set the zoom level on the departure, en route, approach and arrival maps so that they default to this setting?  

On my setup, the display unit is run on a second machine and I like to have the zoom levels set to 2.0 which gives me a 30nm view around the aircraft but I have to do this every time I start-up EFB. I tried adjusting the airport information limits but this didn't seem to have any effect.

Also, in my trials of trying to find the above answer, I may have upset a setting somewhere as no matter what airport or departure sid it is, EFB always jumps to the Enroute map straight from the ground after take off and I have to manually click back on the departure map. After this, everything else tracks okay with the remaining maps until touch down. 

These are my current settings for the moving map activation 

Ground - 5nm

Approach - 25nm

Arrival - 40nm

Departure - 40 nm

Ver 1.6.14.13979

any help would be appreciated

Thanks 

Trevor 

Hi Trevor,

9 hours ago, trevorhawk2000 said:

Quick question? Is it possible to set the zoom level on the departure, en route, approach and arrival maps so that they default to this setting?  

No, but this will be a feature of version 2.

10 hours ago, trevorhawk2000 said:

On my setup, the display unit is run on a second machine and I like to have the zoom levels set to 2.0 which gives me a 30nm view around the aircraft but I have to do this every time I start-up EFB. I tried adjusting the airport information limits but this didn't seem to have any effect.

Unfortunately you can't set the zoom value (see above).

10 hours ago, trevorhawk2000 said:

EFB always jumps to the Enroute map straight from the ground after take off and I have to manually click back on the departure map

It depends on the route, or better said, on the SID. Can you provide the route with which you have tested?

On 07/12/2017 at 9:12 AM, aivlasoft said:

It depends on the route, or better said, on the SID. Can you provide the route with which you have tested?

Hi Urs,

It happens with every route i fly regardless, it never use too, so i may have altered something in my setup, examples are 

EIDW LIFY5A LIFFY UL975 WAL,  

EGBB WHI4D WHI DCT WA,

EGSS CLN1E CLN UL620 TULIP

LEBL LOBA1M LOBAR UN725 DGO

All will jump to the enroute map instead of the departure map 

Regards

Trevor

Hi Trevor,

thanks  for the route examples. I have done a test flight using the first route and EFB properly switches to the departure map just after liftoff. I also have had a look into the program code to check what's the criterion for directly switches to enroute instead of departure. It's because of no SID elements. The question now is "why do you have no SID segments in your EFB, although you use the same routing than I have used for my tests".

The steps that I have done:

1) started simulator and positioned the aircraft to EIDW runway 28

2) selected 'Route Setup' in EFB

3) pressed 'Select' button, and copied/pasted the routing ' EIDW LIFY5A LIFFY UL975 WAL' into the textbox

4) added EINN as destination airport (see next screenshot)

5) pressed 'OK'

routing1.png

Now the 'Route Setup' looks like this ...

routing2.png

6) entered a Cruise Altitude of 12000

7) pressed 'Activate'

8) the map now switches to the destination airport, therefore I manually selected the departure airport EIDW (most left button on the progress bar)

9) selected the aircraft icon on the toolbar to start the moving map

10) performed takeoff and liftoff

After liftoff the map switched to the Departure.

Hi Urs,

I have done a test flight using your steps and EFB properly switches to the departure map just after liftoff.

The steps that I normally do are: 

1) Create flightplan using PFPX and export out to various formats including direct to efbr. (Copy attached)

2) Select Route setup in EFB

3) Select EFB Routes and click on the designated flight plan and activate.

5a3276ea88480_ImportRouteSetup.thumb.png.1b2d620f98553c74db87db4743d1ab34.png

4) SId and arrival maps are already populated.

5a327736a8178_ImportRouteSIDSetup.thumb.PNG.657119258b1e575186f29f100960954f.PNG

5a32774f10c03_ImportRouteArrivalSetup.thumb.PNG.6655fffac209a6feff063378c615321a.PNG

5) Just need to add the approach criteria.

5a32778597ec8_ImportRouteApproachSetup.thumb.PNG.b92413d725db6abe155c2e35887f00cf.PNG

Based on your answer I can see that although the sid is displayed there is no SID element in the plan and therefore why it misses the SID map after departure, strangely enough as per my original query, all other maps come up in sequence.

After modifying the route to include the SID, the maps switched as expected so I just do this from here onwards.

5a327aa2142bd_ModifiedDepartureSID.thumb.PNG.7efe27ff7ebfc86b1c8779dba74fc848.PNG

Thanks for your time and assistance

Regards

Trevor 

1217-EIDWEPWR.efbr