Problem with airports.

Hi ,I am now finding that EFB is not recognising airports, a couple of weeks ago I saved a flightplan in EFB. Now when I go to load that plightplan  (BIKF  Keflavik  to EKVG VAGAR I  get an error box saying ' Create route from flightplan: Origin airport with ICAO code BIKF is not available in FSX'   Firstly I do not have FSX installed  (P3D v4.1) .... secondly I have carried out a scenery  update. Can you please advise on this please? David Hack     in the opening page on the Data Provider connection with P3D is established.  In addition Win 10 did an update which caused a few issues,

Hi, My Aivlasoft EFB has been working like a Swiss watch for a long time,now ever since that Win 10 update (maybe coincidentally)it's not, my Scenery .cfg folder is set to...C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4    ... I know  I did not change it.

@Dave,

from the logfile you provided I can see the following warning:

2017-12-01 10:05:43.232 Warning    Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Panel.FSL'.

It seems that this path was found in one of the add-on.xml files, but this is not a scenery path.

@Merijn

i set scenery.cfg file as C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 instad of C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 this works

I don't know whether this is a good idea, unless you really want to have the P3D v3 files scanned.

14 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

@Dave,

from the logfile you provided I can see the following warning:

2017-12-01 10:05:43.232 Warning    Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Panel.FSL'.

It seems that this path was found in one of the add-on.xml files, but this is not a scenery path.

@Merijn

I don't know whether this is a good idea, unless you really want to have the P3D v3 files scanned.

First, thanks for the responds!

The strange thing is, he reads it from the v4 as you can see in the logfile, i chose the v 3 file as you can see in the screenshot.

DataProviderLogfile.txt

Capture.PNG

Merijn,

sorry, but from my point of view it is completely senseless to scan the P3D v4 files by pointing the DataProvider to the scenery.cfg file from P3D v3. This must result in a mess!

In the scenery.cfg many paths are given as "local path". That means that the path must be combined from the root folder of the installation path of the simulator with the relative path given in the scenery.cfg. Can you imagine what happens if you create such a path?

The logfile you provided is full of warnings and errors, so I suggest that you should first clean up your computer and the simulator installations.

2017-12-02 15:12:15.534 Warning    Folder H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\aerosoft\Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended_Terrain which is listed in scenery.cfg doesn't exist.
2017-12-02 15:12:15.556 Warning    Folder H:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\aerosoft\Mega-Airport-London-Heathrow-Xtended_Airport which is listed in scenery.cfg doesn't exist.
2017-12-02 15:12:15.578 Warning    Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FlyTampa\Sydney_LC which is listed in scenery.cfg doesn't exist.
2017-12-02 15:12:15.598 Warning    Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FlyTampa\Sydney which is listed in scenery.cfg doesn't exist.
2017-12-02 15:12:15.607 Warning    Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FlyTampa\Amsterdam which is listed in scenery.cfg doesn't exist.
2017-12-02 15:12:15.623 Warning    Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\FlyTampa\Amsterdam_LC which is listed in scenery.cfg doesn't exist.
2017-12-02 15:12:15.637 Warning    Folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SimMarket\JustSim-LEBL P3Dv3\data which is listed in scenery.cfg doesn't exist.

Hi, On the log file I recently sent you there was a reference to the FSLabs A320, which has been deleted .Also when I trey to open a previously saved EFB flight plan, I get the error box saying

'Create route from flightplan:  Origin airport with ICAO EGLL int available in FSX '    Fsx has never been installed in this computer. Should I now be considering a complete reinstall of EFB? David

23 hours ago, daveebee said:

Origin airport with ICAO EGLL int available in FSX '

Don't be unsure because of the term "FSX". I guess this text comes from the earlier days when EFB was only for FSX.

23 hours ago, daveebee said:

there was a reference to the FSLabs A320, which has been deleted

What have you deleted? Was it a file, or only some lines within a file?

Did you run the Scenery data update after the delete?

I discovered this morning that I have the same error message as indicated above. I cannot load or make any existing flight plan (either from FSX or EFB databases), EFB would reject any destination airport as non existent in FSX...

This happened after the Windows 10 "Fall Creator" updates.

I updated EFB to the latest version of September to no avail. 

The other changes I made to my PC were 

• the acquisition and installation of Prepar3D v4.1 
  • the installation of FSL A320X (that I already had in FSX)
  • Majestic 400 installed (also in FSX)
  • All FSDT and FlyTampa Sceneries installed 

I am using EFB Display on a networked laptop.

The EFB DataProvider was properly set on the sim PC for both FSX (for years) and P3Dv4 last week.

Hi, In the absence of a remedy for this problem,it seems I am left with two possible options.

1) Try to reinstall my EFB completely in the hope that the cause of the problem will be resolved. I am not sure if this is a viable option because bits of programmes always seem to be left after an uninstall,so the cause of problem will still remain in my system.

2) Wait tell the release of version 2 of EFB, this could be a lengthy wait of weeks or months.

I have a suspicion that a  remnant of FSL A32OX could be the cause of the problem, when I carry out a scenery data update the reference to the FSL A320x is the only item with an 'amber'caution marker next to it.David

Hi All, I think I have finally solved my problem, I have been digging deeply into my system files for the cause of the 'missing airports' I searches in P3Dv4.1 addons ,in  there I found a reference to  FSLABS A320X .I deleted  these files completely (As this program is not installed at the moment) and re-ran the Scenery Data update. RESULT : The amber warning entry is gone............  Now my previous saved flight plans are up and running again.

Something new today that might help resolving this matter:

•  I have installed today a number of airport add-ons on P3Dv4 and run the DataProvider scenery data update, then I opened my DisplayUnit and tried to plan a flight. When I clicked on the airport selection, the airport page shows
    • only 12 add-ons (all FSDT airports and the Sheremetyevo DrezDesign installed in the Documents P3Dv4 add-ons folder, all the FlyTampa add-ons in the P3Dv4 folder),
    • no P3D stock airports at all, no Aerosoft airport, no ORBX airport. 
    • In other words I can plan a flight between those 12 add-on airports only. 

So the question is why is the DataProvider not reading the stock P3D stock airport files, and why would it not have access to the Aerosoft scenery folder?

Once we have an answer to that question , we will also have the solution...  Evidently if the stock airports are not read by the DP, one cannot use these airports for planning and it gives that message "airport not available in FSX" (should be P3D).

2nd trial

I rerun DP once more just now, and I noticed on the list of sceneries in ProgramData/Lockheed Martin/P3Dv4 that it says that all P3Dv4 sceneries do not exist (yellow dot), whereas the sceneries DO exist in the Program Files/Lockheed Martin/P3Dv4 scenery folder, so this explains why the stock airports are not read, thus unavailable for planning.

All the ORBX files are also shown as not existing, when they do exist and again the paths are correct.

Another strange point, all my Aerosoft sceneries in the Ecosystem Aerosoft folder are properly detected by the DP (no yellow dot) but are not in the list of available airports in my EFB DisplayUnit.

I hope the above can help getting to a solution.

With best regards,

Jean-Claude

Thank you Urs,

Taking your advice, I uninstalled the third party configuration tool as well as EFB. I re-installed EFB and run the scenery update on the DataProvider and now have access to all my previous flight plans as well as my stock airports without error message. During the scenery update process only two red dots were seen regarding the identification of some unknown airports in the US which is of no importance to me.

After so many years of unfailing and helpful service with FSX, my EFB is now part of my new P3Dv4 setup, waiting for version 2...!

Enjoy a snowy week-end (at least that's what we have in Wallis!)