Moving map transitions

Upon takeoff the moving map automatically transitions to the enroute map... even if I have a SID programmed.  But when I hit the STAR the enroute map transitions to the arrival and the arrival transitions to the approach at the correct locations.  How do I get the EFB to transition to the departure map after takeoff without manually selecting it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

How do I get the EFB to transition to the departure map after takeoff without manually selecting it?

Usually this is done automatically. I can only imagine that EFB could not recognize a SID. Can you provide a screenshot from the Route Setup page so I can see the different elements of the route.

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the screenshots.

I assume that this route has been created and exported by PFPX. Try to avoid that PFPX is adding the SID to the route, instead of later adding the SID in EFB manually. From a r/w point of view, the SID (and STAR, Approach) does not belong to a route. If you save a route which includes procedures data from an earlier AIRAC cycle than currently installed on your computer, you will be faced with troubles.

I created the route manually (not the entire route, but the first few waypoints) and then added the SID "EPAL1C" manually. You can see that there are some more waypoints than on your screenshot.

LGIR_EPAL1C.png