ORBX - ESSA/EFB not synchronised

I have the latest version of P3Dv4 and EFB running under Windows 10. Also have ORBX - ESSA scenery. When I open my sim and place my aircraft at a Gate there is an offset compared to the EFB presentation which is disturbing. For example, when on a taxiway the aircraft is shown in EFB as being on the grass verge and sometimes parking at a gate has me, according to EFB, in the building. It would appear that ORBX and EFB are using different reference points or coordinates. Also, EFB has different Gate numbers - for example therei s no distinction between A and B gates. Is this something you plan to fix? How important is it when flying on VATSIM? Which of you are using the correct map references? I have posed the question to ORBX but they believe they are correct and that EFB must change it's data.

JSMcWilliam

OK, I did that and the file shown was: D:\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX52100.bgl

That to me was strange because I have EFB installed on my only C:\ drive - the D:\drive is designated to my DVD drive. This is a remote installation so the simis on my server. Otherwise the pgm functions normally.

John

The file 'APX52100.bgl' is from stock scenery. That means, EFB could not recognize your ESSA scenery.

D:\drive is designated to my DVD drive. This is a remote installation so the sim is on my server.

The DataProvider always must run on the same machine than the simulator is installed. Otherwise it cannot read the simulator data. Can it be that the DVD was in the CD/DVD drive when you ran the "Scenery data update" and maybe all the folder names in the scenery.cfg are pointing to that location?

On 11/4/2017 at 4:07 PM, jsmcwilliam said:

I have the latest version of P3Dv4 and EFB running under Windows 10

Do I understand this correct when I say that you run the latest version from both, P3Dv4 and EFB 1.6.14, or is the term 'latest' only related to P3Dv4?

OK I have it. I have the latest version of EFB. I had the NavData installed on the Client and have corrected that so it is now on the Server. Did an update in the Data Provider and now all is well- no offsets at ESSA. This was all due to the fact that I used to run everything from the same PC, (now the Client) now I have a remote settup. One last question - do I need the folders on the client under ...\document\Aivlasoft\EFB or can they be deleted?

John

ESSA2.JPG

do I need the folders on the client under ...\document\Aivlasoft\EFB or can they be deleted?

Yes, I think so. This is the folder for the DisplayUnit's data. You can easily verify whether the data in this folder is used/updated:  After you quit the DisplayUnit, just have a look at the timestamp of the file "DisplayUnitLogfile.txt" in the folder "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\Logfiles". It the timestamp is near to the current system time then this file was written just a few seconds ago when the DisplayUnit quit.