APPDATA remote Access For Display Unit

I'm having trouble trying to get permission to AppData folder on the server computer. To setup Display Unit on client. I tried to set the folder to sharing. It seemed to work. But I still can't access it. I tried to set sharing again. It says Stop Sharing. The OS is Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

I just did a Google search using the term "sharing folder win10". It gives me a long list of tips and tricks, but also a lot of questions. It's almost impossible to solve such problems from remote. There are too many different settings possible. Basically it has to do with "Sharing rights" and "Security rights". It depends on the operating systems that are used on these two computers, it has to do with the user who is currently logged in, it depends on whether you have a "home group" installed or not, and finally it depends on the firewall and router settings.

I suggest to run the same operating system on both computers, then install a home group, then share the folder for read and write access with all home group users. Sorry to for not being more helpful.

Thanks for looking into this. I had done a Google search before creating this post. With the same results. I had already done what you suggested in your last paragraph. I was hoping someone on the forum had already had this issue and new how to do it. My Server is Windows 10 Pro an the Client is Windows 10. I'll keep poking around and may be I'll find some thing. Since this is possible with EFB I'm surprised no one has run into this.

Thanks Again.

Bill

• 1 month later...
On 8/24/2017 at 2:32 AM, aivlasoft said:

I suggest to run the same operating system on both computers, then install a home group, then share the folder for read and write access with all home group users. Sorry to for not being more helpful.

My plan is to do exactly that. I have two questions. Although all 3 computers in my homegroup are Win 10, the one I intended to install EFB on came with Win 10 Home. Is that an issue? Second, if I share the entire C: drive on host and clients, is there anything else required other than pointing at the programs to share?

Thanks for any advice. I'm ready to buy when v2 date is announced.

Art

Hi Art,

On 10/3/2017 at 8:07 PM, Learjet said:

Although all 3 computers in my homegroup are Win 10, the one I intended to install EFB on came with Win 10 Home. Is that an issue?

I really don't know if it's an issue, most probably not, I guess.

Second, if I share the entire C: drive on host and clients, is there anything else required other than pointing at the programs to share?

Please have a look at the installation and configuration manual, section 3, page 15. I don't have any experience whether it is sufficient to share the entire C-drive.