How to install SimpleCam into P3D V4

I have Simple cam installed on my computer working with FSX Steam edition. I have recently installed P3D v4 onto my computer. Do I need to install Simplecam again into P3D V4 or is it a question of telling Simplecam where P3D V4 is in the configuration manager?

I would be grateful of clarification how I can get SimpleCam working in P3D V4.

Thank-you.

Michael Houghton

Hi Michael,

you don't have to install SimpleCam again.

Do the following steps:

1) Make sure P3D is not running.

2) Run the SC configuration tool and insert the required file name into the text box for P3D v4.

3) Press "Delete key assignments"

4) Press "Quit"

5) Now run P3D, it should now automatically start SC.

All camera settings from your FSX:SE will be available in P3D too.

Hi Urs,

Thank-you for your prompt reply. When I open the SimpleCam configurator there is no path to P3DV4 presumably because I have discovered I do not have the latest version of SimpleCam installed.

Do I install the latest version over my existing installation or do I have to uninstall my existing installation and install the latest version?

Please can you explain your last sentence about all camera settings in FSX SE being available in P3DV4. Do I have to copy and paste files for this?

Another thing I am unclear on is if I have as an example the Aerosoft A320 and I make camera settings is there a way I can make those views available on the Aerosoft A319? 

Thank-you for your help.

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Do I install the latest version over my existing installation or do I have to uninstall my existing installation and install the latest version?

Just run the installer. There is no need for an uninstall before.

Please can you explain your last sentence about all camera settings in FSX SE being available in P3DV4. Do I have to copy and paste files for this?

You don't have to copy/paste any file. SimpleCam saves all the camera-settings into the folder "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\SimpleCam", independent of the simulator from where they have been taken. Each file is named according to the corresponding "*.air" file. The advantage of using one location for all the files is that they are available in different simulators.

e.g. The default Cessna 172 is installed in the folder "D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172" (where "D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X" might be different on your computer. Herein it's the installation path on my computer). In the "C172" folder you will see the "Cessna172SP.air" file. Each aircraft has a more or less unique name for the "*.air" file. From this file SimpleCam takes the part before ".air" and utilizes this as the camera settings file name "Cessna172SP.simpleCam". This file will be saved in the above mentioned folder of your first question). In other words, for each aircraft which has the same air-file name, SC is applying the same camera settings.

Another thing I am unclear on is if I have as an example the Aerosoft A320 and I make camera settings is there a way I can make those views available on the Aerosoft A319?

Using the information above, you can copy/paste your "A320.simpleCam" file to "A319.simpleCam" (on condition that the air-file name of the A319 is "A319.air").

Hope this helps.

Thank-you Urs.  I note on my simplecam configurator there is no P3D V4 but presume this is because I have v 1.011 installed and the latest version is 1.013.

Do I just install the latest version over my present install or do I have to uninstall and instasll the latest version.?

Also please could you explain your final sentence. I do not understand whether I need to copy and paste files from my FSX SE into my P3D V4 to be able to use camera settings.?

Also If I own the Aerosoft Airbus A319 and the A320 and I have made views for the A320 can I go to C\Users\My name\My Documents\Aivlasoft \SimpleCam  and just copy the A320 SimpleCam file and rename the simple cam file  A319 to enable views in the A319 ?

Thank-you for your help.

Regards,

Mike

Hi urs,

Thank-you. I now have SimpleCam working in P3DV4.

I now understand the air file allocated to each aircraft. However I tried copying the PMDG 737NGX 600 air file to the PMDG 737 NGX 700 folder and renamed the 600 air file 700 and it did not work.

What have I done wrong.?

Thank-you.

Regards,

Mike