Sign in to follow this  
Rabbi196

Pick up new routefinder

Hello,

I am a new owner of EFB.

It is a great piece of work and I do not want to miss it in the future.

Unfortunately I realised that the supported routefinders vatroute and routefinder are going to die.

This is also currently discussed in many forums on the internet.

Therefore it would be great, if you could introduce a new native supported routefinder in EFB 2.0 which is reliable and also free stuff.

For example there is a relatively new one which is called vroute.

There are validaded routes for all over the world airports.

For me it is absolutely clear that EFB is no flightplanning tool, but for online simmers with modest pretensions it would be great to have a simple and quick solution to get a route into EFB.

The current feature of vatroute in your EFB V1.xxx is a very good example for such a "plug in" feature.

Many thanks for your great software.

Regards,

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

there are many flight planning tools and websites out there and I guess everyone has its own preferences about 'the best tool'. Therefore it will be difficult to find the right one. Vroute is surely one of the good tools and I guess it is capable of saving flight plans in either EFB or FSX/FS9 format. Therefore plans can be easily imported from Vroute.

EFB v2 has some flight planning features built in although it is not a flight planning tool. It also still offers to copy/paste flight plan routings from anywhere. I have some other ideas but I will not publish them today because I don't know yet whether they are feasible or not.

Hello,

Many thanks for your reply.

Thats good news.

Today I tried to let export a FSX in Vroute.

It worked.

EFB was able to open and implement it.

Not as easy as using the implemented Vatroute and routefinder plugins but okay for me.

Thank you for your support.

I am looking forward to use your EFB 2.0... ;-)

Regards,

Patrick