Saving flightplan in PMDG 737 disconnects SimpleCam (?)

osage

Hi Doug,

although I don't have the Steam Edition here, I tried to reproduce it using the PMDG 737 with FSX, but to no avail. I cannot reproduce it. Must be something really specific on your system. Can you verify whether the SimpleCam icon is still available in the system tray after saving the flight plan? Maybe some interference between SimConnect and Steam? it's a bit groping in the dark, sorry.

Urs, thanks for running the test. I've now checked a number of my PMDG 737-800 'saved' flights and the Cam works flawlessly when using the flight plan that is brought up in my FMC---ala company plans.

However, the problem occurred again. From the taxi stand, and bringing up the FMC, I added one or two new waypoints. Then, I went to the PMDG menu and did a 'Save Panel'.....Then....I executed a "Load Saved Panel" in the same PMDG menu.....THEN...Back to the cockpit to test the Cam. Nada. 

The PMDG Save feature within the FMC doesn't like my setup, or the Steam setup----I can't even activate any of the Keyboard commands normally associated with FSX after saving within the PMDG menu through the onboard FMC. 

If I do a regular Save and Confirm within the FMC without going to the PMDG Save and Load feature....then all is good.

It is not a major, major thing for me as I rarely save to the PMDG Panel menu, but would certainly appreciate any insight and direction.

Thanks for getting back.

Doug

Doug,

thanks for the detailed answer.

I can't even activate any of the Keyboard commands normally associated with FSX after saving within the PMDG menu through the onboard FMC

This sounds to me as the problem is beyond the scope of SimpleCam. It seems to be caused at a deeper level.