Unable to save new views

Hello everyone, 

I've installed SimpleCam on P3D V3.4.9, launched the " SimpleCam Configurator" (the "SimpleCam" program was launched immediately when I started the sim), and started a flight (I tried with several planes, the issue is the same).

I am able to set up the view I want, but I can't save it. When I press " CTRL + (any NUM PAD key) ", absolutely nothing happens and when I press any NUM PAD key after, the view stays the same. 

I have installed SimConnect and I've tried to reinstall SimpleCam 3 times, but nothing changed. 

What can I do to solve my issue ? 

Thanks and have a good day.

Hi,

I am able to set up the view I want ...

Does this mean that you can pan and tilt the view using the arrow keys and ctrl-arrow keys?

When I press " CTRL + (any NUM PAD key) ", absolutely nothing happens

Could you please try the following:

1) Open the configurator program and verify that all three check boxes at the upper right corner are ticked ("Show information ... selected, ... copied", and "User must confirm ...").

2) Close the configurator.

3) Then restart your simulator to restart SimpleCam (If the simulator was not yet running, just start it now).

4) As soon as the simulator is running (the virtual cockpit must be visible and the sim must not be paused), verify whether the SimpleCam message (a green bar) at the top of the simulator window appears, telling you "camera presets for aircraft x loaded"

5) Verify on your keyboard that the "NUM LOCK" is ON

6) Select camera no. 7 (NUM PAD key 7) and verify whether the message appears that camera no. 7 has been selected

7) Use the arrow keys to move the current camera to any position, and then press CTRL+NUM PAD key 7 and verify that the message appears that current camera settings have been copied to camera 7.

8) Now select any other camera except 7 to move the camera to the initial position

9) Press "NUM PAD key 7" which then should select camera 7 and re-position to the previously saved position

Please let me know which of these steps worked.

Some more questions:

- Do you also run FSUIPC on your computer?

- Are any key-commands assigned in FSUIPC (which might interfere the SimpleCam settings)

And BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

Thank you for your quick answer.

Yes I am able to pan and tilt the view using the arrow keys and ctrl-arrow keys.

The only issue is that when I press " CTRL+NUM PAD key X", nothing happens, I have no message on the sim.

I've done all the 9 steps above but nothing changed. 

I don't know if it's related, but I also have an issue with Ground Services X since the update of P3D V3.4.9 with the dialog box not showing up when I press CTRL+CAPS+F12, maybe that's why the dialog box of SimpleCam to confirm the view saving is not showing up too.

- I do run FSUIPC on my computer but it is the "free" version, I don't have any key-command assigned on FSUIPC. 

Moreover, I've disabled all the key command assignements on P3D that might interfere with "CTRL+NUM PAD key X" or "NUM PAD key X".

Regards, Sébastien.E

EDIT : I've tested the program on FSX-SE and it works flawlessly. I thought that the issue might be with P3D so I've reinstalled it but the problem is still here. 

Maybe the program is not fully compatible with the update 3.4.9 ?

Hi Urs, 

I've solved my problem and I would like to share how I did.

According to various forums, the issue was related to the new menu configuration of P3D V3.4. During the update, the "content" did not fully install and therefore, several programs (GSX and Simplecam for me) menu were not showing up when asked. 

The two solutions to these issues are :

- install the content of the version 3.4.9 (for most people, it apparently worked, but I had to go further and make a clean reinstall)

or

- a clean reinstall of P3D (as explaned here http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120904 )

At least, that's what worked for me.

Hope it'll help somebody in the future.

Regards, Sébastien.

• 1 month later...

Hi Bert (?)

According to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

If you can select the camera from the saved configuration, then the connection so SimpleCam works. That's OK.

When camera positions cannot be saved, it is usually because of interference of key assignments.

When you start the SimpleCam configuration tool, which button in the lower tab pane is enabled ? The "Delete key assignments" or the "Reload backup file".

It is important that the file "Standard.xml" which holds all the simulators key assignments, does not have any key assignments from the numeric key pad.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Urs

Thanks for the quick reply, however due to private problems I could not react earlier.

No changes were made but the upgrade to P3D 3.4

I immediately lost both Simplecam and GSX (Just the popup menus)

I see some issues in the forums with Simconnect but I also use EFB and that's working ok.

Any ideas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Urs

It was not 100% solved while the window was not shown

With the confirmation option deselected it works because the window is not necessary

But anyhow I did solve this issue for 100%

While updating to P3D 3.4 the client update only is not sufficient

You need to update the content part as well

After that SimpleCam worked even without reinstalling it

Note:

This solved similar issues I had with GSX as well