All groundcharts wrong

Hello!

I enjoy the demo of efb so far, but one thing is not working... I already have run the scenery update in the data provider but none of the groundcharts is near to equal with what I see in FSX. Especially in terms of gates and parkings.

I have efb pointed to FSX scenery.cfg and runned the scenery update several times. I tried with payware airports (such as flytampa LOWW, Aerosoft EDDH...) and freeware airports from avsim.

Any hints?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

If you open the "Airport Information" dialog you can double-click into the free area on the left side of the "Close" button. This will indicate which BGL file is used for the depiction of the airport layout. Can you verify that the correct BGL file is used?

Sometimes scenery designers are using pictures only for the ground layout instead of adding the information about the ground layout to the BGL files too. If this is the cause for the airports you mentioned,  then EFB cannot depict a ground layout because of the missing information in the BGL files.

BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

Thank you Urs!

I dont know if this is the right bgl... the path is - E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX52140.bgl

I use Flytampa Vienna and the files for it are in the Flytampa folder in my FSX installation, so I think it is not using the right one.

How can I change it? (couldnt find a solution in the manual if the bgl is wrong)

Regards,

Hi Klaus,

the path points to the default scenery.

It seems that the installation of the add-on scenery did not update the scenery.cfg properly. What if you try to re-install the airport again? But maybe it's better to first uninstall it, then have a look at the scenery.cfg file whether it is looking ok, then run the installer again.

It's difficult to recommend the "right" strategy because I don't know the FlyTampa installer.