PMDG Route Generation

Hallo,

I tried to load a route today for EDDM (Munich) to OMDB (Dubai).

1st I tried to generate a route with VATroute and there where NO routes available. Than I used Route Finder added the runway, SID and STAR and previewed, looked great. I saved the route in my route folder under EDDMOMDB01.RTE. When I tried to install the Co Route in the FMC nothing would happen. I than removed the 01from the route, did not install.

I than generated I route with SimBrief (EDDMOMDB.rte) and it would install just fine. Anything I am doing wrong? I think I read somewhere that the SID's and STAR's do not get transferred when the route is saved.

Also my AIRAC cycle is 1608 and it is different from the EFB. This creates a problem with SID's and STAR's, since they are not available on the EFB.

Is there a way the EFB can be updated to the same AIRAC cycle as the FMC (navigraph)?

Thanks for all answers

Juergen

Hi Juergen,

no problems so far on my side. What I did is as follows:

- created a route from EDDM to OMDB using the RouteFinder option within EFB (attached)

- then I saved the flight plan as a PMDG-RTE file to the folder [FSX-Installation]\PMDG\FLIGHTPLANS\NGX

- then started FSX, loaded the 737 NGX

- FMC: selected RTE, then pressed the LSK 2L ("CO route"), then selected the route

- ACTIVATE and EXECUTE

EDDMOMDB01.RTE

Hi Admin,

I am sorry but I omitted the fact that I am flying the PMDG 777-200.

The route files are in the PMDG - 777 folder and I just create a flight plan as per your description (OMDBEDDM01.rte).

I use the following FMC key sequence

Position page to Route Page to Route Request to select Route - Request to "Route Requesting and Route Request Sent" to "Route 1 Uplink Ready" - Clear to "Request Sent" to LOAD to "Route 1 Uplink loading" to Clear to Next Page which should now display the route steps in the following pages.

The Co Route is displayed correctly as "OMDBEDDM01" but NO route is displayed on the legs page or the route page.

I also watched a video of PMDG 777 FMC tutorial and confirmed my steps.

HELP

Thanks

Juergen

Urs,

I saw your post late, so I generated a route from Istanbul (LTBA) to Rome (LIRF) both with EFB and SimBrief. with EFB the route would not load and I received an error on the data logger window (see screenshots). The SimBrief route loaded fine.

https://flic.kr/p/KuSthJ- file transfer location - Display PC

https://flic.kr/p/KLHsR7- route name and location - PMDG route file location on FSX PC

https://flic.kr/p/JZ3KFQ- error on Data Log PC

I just now downloaded and loaded your file -EDDMOMDB01.rte and it worked at least in the 737 FMC. :shock: Go figure.

What am I doing wrong?????

Thanks for help

Juergen

Juergen,

I did a test with the B777 in P3D v3.3 and I can load the flight plan (created with EFB 1.6.8 and the PMDG rte-"flight plan handler") without problems. So I cannot imagine what's wrong on your system.

The exception which is shown on the screenshot "error on Data Log PC" means that the folder name for the FSX flight plans (see DataProvider settings) is not set properly. Whenever EFB is trying to load the Garmin GPS flight plan, it will save a flight plan into that folder. If this folder is not the same folder where FSX is reading its flight plans, then the exception is raised.

BTW, on the same screenshot I can see that there are some missing runway assignments for LTBA. See the manual and here to read on how to fix it: http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/1195-runwaystxt-runway-identifiers-are-greyed-out/

Urs,

thanks for your help. I have just loaded and executed a flight from Miami to Atlanta with a EFB generated flight plan. Absolutely no problem/exception. I did not change any file location, basically did not do anything different than yesterday. I hate when problems fix them-self without me knowing why. However at this point we should consider it the "chair interface" screwed up.

Also thank you for the pointer on the missing runway assignments. This is my next project to fix. Also I reply'd to "Todds"  post:

What I have learned about adding runways and scenery

with my own findings. Maybe you could take a peek at it and comment.

Brgds

Juergen

Urs,

I corrected the runway exceptions for several airports and it worked just fine. The route loading is still a mystery. I created a route in EFB from Atlanta (KATL) to Chicago (KORD) and made sure the file path to the data PC was correct. I was able to load the route into the pmdg 737 FMC, however, the data logger window showed an error (see screenshot 1st red dot). I then created the same route again and did NOT save it but simply activate it and I received the error on the data log window (2nd red dot).

https://flic.kr/p/K2BW8H

Right now it is working but annoying.

Thank you for your help

Brgds

Juergen

Juergen,

Since you fly the PMDG NGX you won't need the flight plan to be saved in the Garmin GPS. You could deactivate this feature and the exception will no longer occur. To deactivate, just open the DataProvider settings, go to the "Miscellaneous" tab and untick the option "Load/update Garmin ...".