HELP SimpleCam Killed FSXSE - Can't reinstall FSX:SE

FSX:SE suddenly stopped opening.  Has always opened quickly with no fuss, such an improvement over FSX boxed.  Yesterday was in Steam and bought the HD Airport Graphics Addon, supposed to improved a lot of the little airports to some extent.  Started up FSX:SE and got a notice that I needed to provide the license number for Aivla Simple Cam, which I had run first as a demo and then purchased a couple of days ago.  Although I thought I had done this before, I entered the license number.  Since then FSXSE has failed to load - I just get the circling ring and Task Manager shows it as Non Responsive.

I have uninstalled FSXSE and tried reinstalling it five times with no success.  Once I got an ERROR 1005, but only once.  Once I went through the entire SSD and removed every single remnant reference to FSX or Aivla.  I have never had this happen and I have no idea how to recover FSX, any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I entered the license number.  Since then FSXSE has failed to load

From a technical point of view it is very unlikely that this might have messed up anything in FSX-SE. All the license stuff is done OUTSIDE of any simulator. There is also NO hidden information in the registry or at any other place on your computer. Uninstalling by running the uninstaller is the best way to remove SimpleCam. But as said before, I don't believe that SimpleCam is the culprit. I guess that there must have been some more items which have led to the situation which you describe. What about this "HD Airport Graphics Addon" ?

BTW, as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.