Navigraph AIRAC won't update

After using AivlaSoft for quite a while... suddenly I discovered I'm working with Navigraph AIRAC cycle 1310!!  I went back and checked the DataProvider settings to make sure I had the correct path set.  Checking further I made sure I had the correct path in the NavigraphFMS DataManager.  I run the Data Manager and it says the new AIRAC 1605 has been installed... but when I check I'm still at 1310.  All my other addons, PFPX and PMDG all updated properly but not AivlaSoft.

I know I'm missing something along the way but can't figure it out.

Hoping someone may have experienced the same and found a solution.

Thanks,

Jeff Even

Rocklin, CA, USA

Vista Ultimate w/sp 2, AMD Phenom II X4 970, 3.5 GHz
8 GB Ram, 64 bit os, FSX, GSX,  RC, REX Tex Dir & Soft clouds,
ASNext, PMDG 737/47/777, A2A Cherokee 180/Comanche 250,
Carenado PC-12 and more.

Hi, Patrick.

Did all you suggested but still no resolution.  Have set my NAVIGRAPH download path to my Documents/AivlaSoft/EFB/Navdata/NavigraphFMSData folder.  When I open that folder I see the correct 1605 cycle but when I open my NavData folder my cycle_info.txt still shows the 1310 cycle.  I even tried downloading the NAVIGRAPH .index file to my desktop and then manually placing it in the NavigraphFMSData folder... no joy.  I already re-installed AivlaSoft EFB and that didn't help either.  If I remove the entire NavigraphFMSData folder will it re-install itself when I download the FMS AIRAC the next time.  Probably not.

Got me puzzled.  Appreciate any help.

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Had this same problem late last year after updating the EFB program.  My paths to the Navigraph data were correct but for some reason it wasn't working. If I remember right changing the location (from whatever was in the EFB settings) to a new location solved the issue.

My current path in the EFB Data Provider is now "C:\Users\Jerry\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\AIRAC", with the NavData and SidStars directories inside the AIRAC directory. Path in the Addon Mappings of the Navigraph FMS Data Manager is the same.

One thing I noticed in your above posts is you're using a forward slash when writing out the path, not a backslash. Did you .....?

Are you running EFB as administrator?

Hope this helps, but I'll keep thinking if there was something else.

Hi, Jerry.   I had the slashes correct just transcribed them wrong in my post.  Found that my EFB folder had an "extra" subfolder "Navigraph Navdata" above the SIDS and STARS folders.  I deleted that subfolder and moved the SIDS and STARS folders up where they should be and now...all's fine.

Don't know how it happened.  Maybe, as with you, when I upgraded the program.

Thanks for your input.

Best, 

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here we are back at step 1 again!!  Have tried every conceivable path, folder, etc. and I just can't get rid of the 1310 cycle.  Cycle_info.txt file shows cycle 1310 no matter what I do.  When I download the Navigraph data into the folder "Hierarchically above" the SIDSTARS and Navdata folders as instructed I get an index file

95824da-978d-41c5-b566-d3a6fac59a6e.index

that shows

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><addon name="AivlaSoft EFB" guid="958524da-978d-41c5-b566-d3a6fac59a6e" cycle="1606" revision="1"><mapping simulator="USER"><directory name="NavData">

clearly indicating cycle 1606 however the AivlaSoft DataProvider still shows

"Airac Cycle = AIRAC cycle 1310 / Rev.1, Valid 19/SEP/2013 - 16/OCT/2013, Provider=Navigraph".

I've been screwing with this thing for about 2 weeks now and getting very frustrated.  Been a satisfied user of AivlaSoft EFB for quite a while and this is the first problem I've had.

HELP!!

Jeff Even

Rocklin, CA, USA

Hi Jeff,

Have a look at the pictures ...

1) Navigate to the folder which contains the XML file which you mentioned in your post

2) Go one folder upwards

3) Now the address bar of the Windows Explorer contains the root folder name

NavigraphRootFolder.png

4) Open the DataProvider settings, select the Navigation data tab

5) Select the Navdata provider (I assume it's Navigraph)

6) Copy/paste or enter the path from 3)

DataProviderSettings.png

7) Restart DataProvider

Hope this helps.