1.2 flight plans

Hi I've just updated to 1.2 with the accumulative update pack and I'm not able to open any flight plans at all be it FS2004 or FSX format. The only plans I can open are the ones I'd previous saved with EFB. I think most of these plans that wont work were made with FSC8.6, if I try to open them using the FS2004 option it says that "the input string was not correct". If I try FSX format it says "is not a valid XML-file".

Andy,

did you also try with a "real" FS2004 flight plan. As far as I know FSC doesn't write "real" FS2004 plans. They have some more information in their files.

You might have seen that the technique to read flightplans has changed since version 1.1.0 of EFB. Now the flightplan readers are implemented as "plugins" and this way I will be able to release some more flightplan readers in the future without the need of a new program release. The next plugins that will be developed are the readers for FlightSim Commander 8.x and 9.x.

OK Urs that's fine by me, I thought I was doing something wrong, I don't mind waiting for the new parser for FSC. I presume even if I select in FSC to output in FS2004 format it will still add this extra incompatible data and the same is true for FSX format files?

Thanks for the quick reply by the way, that's the kind of support I like to see and it is much appreciated.

Andy,

thanks for the flowers ;-).

AFAIK FSC writes both flightplan types (FS2004 and FSX) in the same data format. Since FSX is capable of reading "old" FS2004 files, there is no problem so far.

The file format for pure FSX plans is XML and not plain text files. EFB makes a distinction between these two different file formats and this is the reason why EFB cannot read "FSX-plans" written by FSC.

Andy,

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm a major lurker in many FS forums and know how helpful you are. My VR Insight MPanel wore a sticky for months to remind me to "check rotary for detent" whenever I'd get a "SERIAL FP2 - NOT FOUND" message. 8-)

Regards,

Hi Travis,

You are most welcome to the kind words, a little kindness goes a long way in the support world, it certainly stops me from wanting to hit my head against the wall after answering the same question for the 15th time, lol.

I make a habit if hitting the reset buttons after plugging in the VRI devices to make sure things are fully initialised, but that's just me. It's not that often that a button or detent gets stuck on the M-panel but when it does it still makes me think WTF every now and again, hehe.