P3d ver3.2 compatibility

With the latest P3d upgrade I seem to have lost the ability to complete the assignment of the cameras.  You can manipulate the camera

to where you want it but the Ctrl plus Camera number setting doesn't work.

The camera's originally installed work fine but you can't make any changes that are kept.

I'm wondering if this is a simple fix ... or possibly something I've done wrong?

Ken 

Hello Oskar,

Thanks for the reply.  If you're not having any similar issues with ver 3.2 it must be a problem at my end.  I'm using the correct keys to set up the camera

but I've had a few problems with this P3d upgrade and SimpleCam may have been affected. The Ctrl + number has no effect whatsoever.

I'll have to keep trying to find the problem but it's helpful to know that it isn't SC!!!

Best,

Ken

Yes, I can confirm that on my end there are absolutely no problems using SimpleCam on P3D V3.2. One suggestion though: Prepar3D is well known for missing and/or corrupt SimConnect installs. It might be helpful to repeat the SimConnect Install. It's quickly done and will not harm an existing install, but possibly repair it.

Just go to the: \Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib path and run the SimConnect.msi installer. Maybe this helps.

• 1 month later...

Difficult to say where the culprit is without knowing the exact installation details on your end. I use SimpleCam on three different machines without any problem. FSX and P3D V3.2 on one machine, FSX, P3D V2.6 and P3D V3.2 on a second setup and FSX and P3D V3.2 on my laptop. All without the smallest glitch. So I severely doubt that this is a program issue.

Meanwhile I reinstalled the program again, but situation is the same. May it be a problem with a modified standard.xml for the controls? With the configuration tool you can modify actually the keys for the movement, but not for storing the assignment. Shall there be any entry in the standard.xml for the keys saving a camera position?

Meanwhile I reinstalled the program again, but situation is the same. May it be a problem with a modified standard.xml for the controls? With the configuration tool you can modify actually the keys for the movement, but not for storing the assignment. Shall there be any entry in the standard.xml for the keys saving a camera position?

No, the assignments of the keys is stored outside of the "standard.xml" file. The modification of the "standard.xml" when using the "delete key assignments" button only removes eventually assigned commands to the numeric keys inorder to keep SimpleCam operations free from double assignments. SimpleCam itself does not make use of the "standar.xml" file at all.

- Prepar3D: 3.2

- Simconnect: v10.0.61259.0 (shipped with Prepar3D version 3.2)

- FSUIPC: 4.9.4.9

Yes, I see that simplecam has loaded and its icon is visible in the lower right corner. I configured the cameras for one aircraft (Q400) previously to updating to 3.2. That camera settings can be selected without any problems, in fact the change of the camera position and the recall works, just the saving does not work.

Hmm, I'm definitely running out of ideas... I just tried on two of my installs and couldn't see any misbehaviour of SimpleCam. I can still change all Cam Positions at will and store them (and subsequently of course recall them... ). Do you have the storing message activated and does it pop up upon storing position? (in fact it should ALWAYS pop up whenever you use the CTRL-+<numeric key> combo).

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone I'm new in the forum I have purchased both aivlasoft EFB SimpleCam that I write here because I have the same problem that does not store my rooms with the shortcut key (CTRL + NUM) wanted to know if someone solved this problem

I use Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V.3.2

windows 10

sorry for my unclear English thanks in advance for your help and I hope soon

Hi,

just some things to remember ...

1) please make sure that the "NumLock" key is set.

2) please make sure that "CapsLock" is OFF.

3) it only works with the keys on the numeric keypad, which is on the right side of the alpha-keyboard. It does not work with the numeric keys at the top of the alpha-keyboard.

Hi,

just some things to remember ...

1) please make sure that the "NumLock" key is set.

2) please make sure that "CapsLock" is OFF.

3) it only works with the keys on the numeric keypad, which is on the right side of the alpha-keyboard. It does not work with the numeric keys at the top of the alpha-keyboard.

In addition to what Urs said, please remember that you can only store a CAMERA POSITION, which is achieved by moving the CAMERA by the assigned keys - and NOT a VIEW POSITION, which is achieved by moving the view by the Hat Switch. Those are two completely different things and often mixed up. This is clearly explained in the manual.

Furthermore please check that you have the <show information 'camera setting copied'> enabled in the configurator and that this message REALLY POPS UP AFTER USING THE CTRL+NUM keys. If it doesn't it is a clear sign that SimpleCam is not properly configured.

And once more: as far as Prepar3D V3.2 is concerned, make sure that SimConnect is properly installed (explained in a post further up), as P3D is well known for missing SimConnect installs in various cases.

Yes, I have set simplecam to show the "camera setting copied" message and I am aware of the difference between the movement of the camera via a hat switch and the external method to control the camera via Simconnect that Simplecam uses.

Please can you then give us a method to verify that Simconnect is properly installed. As I said before, I reinstalled Simconnect as instructed and I assume that other addons I've running also rely on the Simconnect interface, however I got no problems with them. Is there any possibility to start simplecam in a debug mode, showing more internal details?

Hi,

Is there any possibility to start simplecam in a debug mode, showing more internal details?

No.

Yes, I have set simplecam to show the "camera setting copied" message ...

Please can you then give us a method to verify that Simconnect is properly installed ...

If this message appears at the top of the screen, then I guess that SimConnect is installed properly. It it were not, then this message would not appear since it is sent via SimConnect.