DataProvider error

Hi everyone,

Decided to try out EFB and I really like it and everything works as it is supposed to but always when I close the DataProvider I get an error message. I already tried reinstalling EFB but I still get the error message every time I close the DataProvider. I do not know if is anything bad, but I would like it to stop showing up every time I close the DataProvider. 

This is what always pop ups when I have just closed the DataProvider:

2016-03-06 03:11:12.494 Error Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at e5.j()   at Castle.MicroKernel.LifecycleConcerns.DisposalConcern.Apply(ComponentModel model, Object component)   at Castle.MicroKernel.ComponentActivator.AbstractComponentActivator.ApplyConcerns(IEnumerable`1 steps, Object instance)   at Castle.MicroKernel.ComponentActivator.AbstractComponentActivator.ApplyDecommissionConcerns(Object instance)   at Castle.MicroKernel.ComponentActivator.DefaultComponentActivator.InternalDestroy(Object instance)   at Castle.MicroKernel.ComponentActivator.AbstractComponentActivator.Destroy(Object instance)   at Castle.MicroKernel.Lifestyle.AbstractLifestyleManager.Release(Object instance)   at Castle.MicroKernel.Handlers.DefaultHandler.ReleaseCore(Burden burden)   at Castle.MicroKernel.Handlers.AbstractHandler.Release(Burden burden)   at Castle.MicroKernel.Burden.Release()   at Castle.MicroKernel.Lifestyle.SingletonLifestyleManager.Dispose()   at Castle.MicroKernel.Handlers.DefaultHandler.Dispose()   at Castle.MicroKernel.DefaultKernel.DisposeHandlers()   at Castle.MicroKernel.DefaultKernel.Dispose()   at Castle.Windsor.WindsorContainer.Dispose()   at fp.a()   at ia.i()

qijPPAp.png?1

Thanks for the help and it is a great product. :)

Hi Javier,

no, the trial version is indeed not another version, it's just another license certificate.

I have no idea what can cause this kind of error when the DataProvider is closing. Did you already give it a try with the antivirus software temporarily set to OFF?

Which other applications are running on that computer at the time when the DataProvider is closing?

Hi,

Turned off Windows Defender and told Windows Defender to no look at my EFB installation folder. After that I rebooted my system and ran the DataProvider and I still got the same error message after exiting the DataProvider. This time while testing I only ran the DataProvider and nothing else, I also tried it once with the DisplayUnit but I still got the same error. Normally when I am simming I have P3D v3.1 with all my addons (ORBX, REX 4 + Soft Clouds, PMDG 777, OPUS etc.) and probably also Google Chrome open by the time I close the DataProvider. But everything is working while I am using the EFB (I think), its just when I close the DataProvider I get that error message.

Javier Frazier

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Any ideas how to get rid of the pop up? May be I should fully uninstall the program, does running the uninstaller wipe everything EFB related or are there some files I should delete manually? But if I do reinstall will I still be able to use the program with the amount of trial days I have left?

Javier Frazier

Hi Javier,

I don't think that uninstalling and re-installing will change things a lot. To be honest, I cannot say why this error message appears when you close the application.

if I do reinstall will I still be able to use the program with the amount of trial days I have left?

Yes, because this information is not saved on your computer.

Hi,

Re-installing did not indeed not solve the pop up. Hopefully with an update the pop up will magically disappear, but everything works fine so not really a big deal. Time to buy this great product! Thanks for the support anyways.

Javier Frazier

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have reinstalled everything from scratch and now I dont have the error message anymore. 

Thanks anyhow for your support. 

EDIT: I have updated to v1.6.14 and now I have the the error again. Please attached find the screenshots of the files you required.

screen1.PNG

screen2.PNG

Hi,

it's interesting that some of the files have a timestamp which is newer than the update itself. I have to verify some details in the installer.

Could you please send me an email to 'support@aivlasoft.com' which contains your installation details?

You can get these details from the DataProvider's "Extra" menu, then "About/Info", then press on the button "Copy to clipboard". Now open your email program and press "Ctrl + V" to paste the content of the clipboard. Thanks.