Can't get past "verify"

Firewall off, internet working and I don't know what a "time server" does ... but I can't get it working.

As to opening ports that means mucking with the router ...  

Would it be easier to just buy the program and then see how it works or does that change anything?

Best,

Ken

OK I purchased the program and uninstalled the previous downloads and then re-installed SimleCam.

I had hoped to be presented with the product key mask when I first opened the program but instead I got the same "verify" error.

There must be some files that weren't uninstalled or something else jammed as I can't get to the box to insert my key.

I'll have to hang on till I hear from you as I'm out of ideas.

Ken

Hi Ken,

On your computer still the "trial-version" certificate is found by SimpleCam. Therefore it is still trying to reach a time-server.

Go to "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\SimpleCam\License" and delete the "AivlaSoft_SimpleCam_v1.dlsc" file. When you start SimpleCam next time it will show you the "license key enter dialog".

Hi Urs,

Looks like I did a royal job of messing up a "Simple" cam installation!

Your instruction to delete the v1,dlsc file worked fine and the key mask resolved as forecast.  However, I was not able to get SimpleCam to load.  At first I thought the Icon was faulty but it wasn't which was verified after I tried a direct click on the .exe and 

it remained dead also.

I tried another re-install and found previous program files hanging around which I was think I was able to remove completely.  After believing I was starting on a clean slate I did a final reinstall and everything went apparently without problem (including the key install) but I regret that I was still unable to get SimpleCam to open.

Just to be sure I was doing everything right (the configurator had already loaded by itself) I chose P3d and made sure the FS was running. 

There was a "too quick" msg that appeared at bottom right corner right after the install ... it went too fast but I did catch something about a "right click" ... was that for me?

Sorry for all the trouble,

Best,

Ken

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nl41aq99wbcwmzr/Simple%20Cam.png?dl=0

Ken,

the message that you mentioned is just a short information that you can click on the icon in the system tray to open the popup menu. It disappears (fade out) after some seconds. Nothing important.

From the screenshot I can see that all files are available and the configuration program also looks good. Just press the "Delete key assignments" button to prepare the standard.xml file for SimpleCam. Then press Quit and start P3D. It is important that the simulator is not running when the configuration program is running. Otherwise they will overwrite the standard.xml file each other.

That's got it Urs ... one of my problems was that I expected the Cam icon to generate a "working" window after clicking on it ... I found out there's no window except in the cockpit!

I am looking forward to using your program as I've been coding my own camera's which is a mountain of endless work unless you only fly one plane.  If this goes well from your

point of view I hope you plan to move out of the cockpit for some of the exterior views ... even if you stuck with the keypad 10 cameras and just mixed the in/out cameras to that total.

One other small request would be to pin the sim choice after it's been chosen i.e. P3D remains set until reset.

All the best and many thanks for the help.

Ken 

Hi Ken,

I guess that a don't understand what exactly do you mean with "... to pin the sim choice after it's been chosen i.e. P3D remains set until reset". Are you talking from the configuration program or from the "invisible" camera module?

I hope you plan to move out of the cockpit for some of the exterior views

To be honest, I don't have such plans, and I didn't test whether this is possible with the technique which is used. It's just moving the VC camera, but you can try how far this is possible using the left and right arrow keys. Maybe it's far enough to see the plane from outside. I personally use the "locked spot" view for outside views (Keys "S", then "A")  and the hat switch on the joystick for fine tuning.

Good Evening Urs,

I didn't mean to bother you with the P3d choice setting on the configurator which appears to be required each time you open it as it's such a minor matter ... but the default is certainly FSX and possibly there's good reason for that to be the case.

Thanks for the suggestion re the outside views ... I'll do some experimenting and if I come up with anything worthwhile I report it to the forum.

I amended a camera that I called the "crows nest" which I placed on the outside of the top of the cockpit and used it with the Hat for 360 viewing of scenery, checking engines start, flaps, elevators, icing etc. and I found myself using it a lot.  It certainly wouldn't appeal to the "hard core" simmers but on the Q400 I found it really helpful.  But it is attached to a button which wouldn't be usable in SimpleCam.

I really think you're on to something good with SimpleCam and who knows where you might take it :-o 

Best,

Ken

Good Evening Urs,

I didn't mean to bother you with the P3d choice setting on the configurator which appears to be required each time you open it as it's such a minor matter ... but the default is certainly FSX and possibly there's good reason for that to be the case.

Thanks for the suggestion re the outside views ... I'll do some experimenting and if I come up with anything worthwhile I report it to the forum.

I amended a camera that I called the "crows nest" which I placed on the outside of the top of the cockpit and used it with the Hat for 360 viewing of scenery, checking engines start, flaps, elevators, icing etc. and I found myself using it a lot.  It certainly wouldn't appeal to the "hard core" simmers but on the Q400 I found it really helpful.  But it is attached to a button which wouldn't be usable in SimpleCam.

I really think you're on to something good with SimpleCam and who knows where you might take it :-o

Best,

Ken

Ken,

Be careful when using external views with the VC cam. The external VC model does in no way correspond to the full model that you are going to see if you chose one of the simulator's default outside views. Depending on the manufacturer the "outside VC model" can be very rudimentary as it has only to cover the parts visible from the cockpit.

With regard to your remark " ..the P3d choice setting on the configurator which appears to be required each time you open it ..." I too don't understand what you mean with that. There is no such thing like a requirement to use any of the four tabs as long as you don't plan to change the standard key assignments of your standard.xml - and usually you do that once and leave it that way. The function of SimpleCam is in no way affected by that. It simply works with the simulator you have running. There is no preset to a specific simuator necessary. Dont' forget, it's "SimpleCam". It keeps things simple... :-D