Camera Standard Zoom

Hi Urs

I am testing SimpleCam and I am quite happy with the functionality but ....

I am using 3 Screens as Visuals, no panels as I have them as hardware. Now, to get a more or less believable view out of the cockpit, I have to set the Zoom for the camara1 in the FLT file to 1.25.

With the standard zoom settings, that SimpleCam is using  the view out of the cockpit on the left and right hand side is too much distorted. I am verry sorry about that, but it seems that I have to deinstall this little program. Or is there a solution I am not aware off?

Regards

Felix     

Hi Felix,

SimpleCam is using SimConnect to set the camera position. Unfortunately SimConnect cannot handle individual zoom values instead of only the default zoom value. The default zoom value comes from the following file:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Cameras.cfg

In this file you will find a section named [CameraDefinition.002] which is the definition for the VC (virtual cockpit)

In that section you find an entry named "InitialZoom"

That is the zoom value that is applied when using SimpleCam.

Hope this helps.

Hi Urs

Thank you for your input. I did a flight today with «initialZoom» of  1.2 and will try another one with 1.4 tomorrow.  The view is much better now and I have  just a little distortion. I will try some more settings but I am confident it will work out. Anyway, I did by the license. Two coffees less for me next week :-P 

Regards

Felix