Windows 10 - EFB compatibility version 1.6.0

Progress. 

I reinstalled EFB on network PC and unchecked myself Data Probider Option. Now I am able to run Display Unit on networked PC howver Display Unit does not connect to Data Provider. 

I set everything as described in manual, shared again required all folders. 

I am able to run Display Unit on FSX PC and I see there is a connection between Data Provider and Display Unit on FSX PC but I cannot neither create not upload any flight planes. Message says: "Create route from flight plan: Origin with ICAO code EGLL is not available in FSX.". So regardless if I try to upload saved route from PFPX or try to create myself or upload from website do not work.   

Thx 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Edward,

the installer has slightly changed, so it does no longer verify whether an installation of either FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D can be located on the target system and therefore the option "DataProvider" is always available when running the installer. It's up to the user to decide whether the DataProvider shall be installed on a target system.

The error "object instance not set ..." is fixed with the next version 1.6.2.

The problem with the folder name is also fixed with the next version 1.6.2.

Re "Display Unit does not connect to Data Provider": Most probably this is an issue with access rights or with the "owner" of the folder.

Re ""Create route from flight plan: Origin with ICAO code EGLL is not available in FSX": Did you run the scenery data update so the DataProvider could recreate the EFB database?

Thanks for the reply.

1)Re "Display Unit does not connect to Data Provider": Most probably this is an issue with access rights or with the "owner" of the folder.

I gave the rights to the folder and shared it as before. It was not an issue in older version.

2) Re ""Create route from flight plan: Origin with ICAO code EGLL is not available in FSX": Did you run the scenery data update so the DataProvider could recreate the EFB database?

Yes and it looked different this time. So ran scenery update and update progress began. At the end of updating that dark Data Provider screen closed and Setting window opened. When I clicked OK then same message popped up to select correct flight plan folder. Looked like update was not successful.

Thx

Phillipe,

1.6.2 is not yet released - it is under development, and should be released in a few days.

Edward,

Thank you for your feedback - we have not experienced what you've described.  We will investigate.

(For assistance, could you email us a ZIP file with the PLN file you mention?)

Regards,

Hi Edward,

the installer has slightly changed, so it does no longer verify whether an installation of either FSX, FSX-SE, or P3D can be located on the target system and therefore the option "DataProvider" is always available when running the installer. It's up to the user to decide whether the DataProvider shall be installed on a target system.

The error "object instance not set ..." is fixed with the next version 1.6.2.

The problem with the folder name is also fixed with the next version 1.6.2.

Re "Display Unit does not connect to Data Provider": Most probably this is an issue with access rights or with the "owner" of the folder.

Re ""Create route from flight plan: Origin with ICAO code EGLL is not available in FSX": Did you run the scenery data update so the DataProvider could recreate the EFB database?

Hi Urs, Travis

Trust all is well.

Wow, this is great news. Does this mean I can now install EFB separately on a tablet, same network? If it is then thank you for the progressive change.

If not then no problems either. I'm running 1.6.0 now on Windows 10 Build 10532, all is well!

Looking forward to 1.6.2.  :-P

Thanks again for the work done

Regards

Pauga

Phillipe,

1.6.2 is not yet released - it is under development, and should be released in a few days.

Edward,

Thank you for your feedback - we have not experienced what you've described.  We will investigate.

(For assistance, could you email us a ZIP file with the PLN file you mention?)

Regards,

OK. Sent. 

Thx 

"(For assistance, could you email us a ZIP file with the PLN file you mention?)"

Travis.

The problem is not just in those PLN files, I cannot even select route in Display Unit in Route setup tab. I selected VAT route and Route Finder and tried to upload routes from those websites but it still generate that ICAO error message. Looks to me it is not just my saved PLN route files. 

Interesting it still fails FSX;SE path however the sim path is correct:

2015-09-10_002058_zps96picgb3.png

Hello, 

as a Newbie to this forum I would like to say hallo to everyone and give also a feedback to Version 1.6.1. I am running Efb on a network with Dataprovider on main computer and Displayunit on a laptop. I had the same problem with the installation path. After removing the last backslash behind "FSX" everything is working fine and all data were created. However: I am not able anymore to import flightplans from Flightsim Commander 9.6. It states "Flightplan not valid". With 1.5.1 it worked perfect. It's not a big issue, because I can simply load a FSX flightplan. Everything else is running fine. 

Regards, Kurt

Hello, 

as a Newbee to this forum I would like to say hallo to everyone and give also a feedback to Version 1.6.1. I am running Efb on a network with Dataprovider on main computer and Displayunit on a laptop. I had the same problem with the installation path. After removing the last backslash behind "FSX" everything is working fine and all data were created. However: I am not able anymore to import flightplans from Flightsim Commander 9.6. It states "Flightplan not valid". With 1.5.1 it worked perfect. It's not a big issue, because I can simply load a FSX flightplan. Everything else is running fine. 

Regards, Kurt

Kurt.

Nice catch. Removing backslash fixed the problem. I am able to load flight plan from PFPX now. sceneries loaded as before normally. With that slash after FSX scenery updater did not even ran. All sceneries work fine except LLBG, that one was installed from Dovetail within Steam platform. I was able to fix it long time ago but I forgot how I did it. It is a matter of time now.

I was able to fix connection in network PC as well, the issue was my IP address, for some reason IP address did not hold in setting, it was dropping. Looks like it stabilized now. Everything is working. Will keep testing.  

Thx Kurt and to everyone here. 

Hi all,

this is the download link of the latest public beta version 1.6.2. Please report any anomalies herein. Thanks.

http://www.aivlasoft.com/DPYZHbwca65FnjabRYHbf0pL8/AivlaSoft.Efb.Setup_v1.6.2.exe.zip

Thank you Urs

Installed fine and working fine - Windows 10 x64 IP Build 10532  :mrgreen:

Primarily nit-picking however just a text overlay issue.

EFB_162.jpg

Thanks for the work done and regards

Pauga

Hi all,

this is the download link of the latest public beta version 1.6.2. Please report any anomalies herein. Thanks.

http://www.aivlasoft.com/DPYZHbwca65FnjabRYHbf0pL8/AivlaSoft.Efb.Setup_v1.6.2.exe.zip

Cannot read/open PDF files that are stored the user's library using the DU...Modules....Library.   Using Adobe DC latest version, installed on root drive. Operating system W10 home edition,  all current updates installed. Other than this issue everything seems to OK.

Steve  

Hi Steve,

thanks for the report. When I try to reproduce it on a Win10 computer then a message box appears which asks whether I want to download or to open the pdf-file. From my point of view this is the default message box from Internet Explorer when clicking on a pdf link. After selecting "open", the IE browser window opens and shows the pdf-file content. Can you confirm that this is more or less the same behavior on your computer?

Hi Steve,

thanks for the report. When I try to reproduce it on a Win10 computer then a message box appears which asks whether I want to download or to open the pdf-file. From my point of view this is the default message box from Internet Explorer when clicking on a pdf link. After selecting "open", the IE browser window opens and shows the pdf-file content. Can you confirm that this is more or less the same behavior on your computer?

What you have reported above happens if Adobe reader DC is not installed.  If however it is installed the pdf page opens but is blank after a few seconds the DU will stop working.  Below, is the generated error report:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          9/13/2015 7:10:36 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      ADMIN
Description:
Faulting application name: AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit.exe, version: 1.6.2.0, time stamp: 0x55f2da5b
Faulting module name: AcroPDFImpl.dll_unloaded, version: 15.7.20033.2203, time stamp: 0x5507d6f6
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00030b84
Faulting process id: 0x1c90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ee14bd7a0bec
Faulting application path: C:\AivlaSoft\AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit.exe
Faulting module path: AcroPDFImpl.dll
Report Id: f478077e-a6e2-4e68-abc5-10951b8a2b8a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns=
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-09-13T11:10:36.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>6254</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ADMIN</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.6.2.0</Data>
    <Data>55f2da5b</Data>
    <Data>AcroPDFImpl.dll_unloaded</Data>
    <Data>15.7.20033.2203</Data>
    <Data>5507d6f6</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>00030b84</Data>
    <Data>1c90</Data>
    <Data>01d0ee14bd7a0bec</Data>
    <Data>C:\AivlaSoft\AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit.exe</Data>
    <Data>AcroPDFImpl.dll</Data>
    <Data>f478077e-a6e2-4e68-abc5-10951b8a2b8a</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Hope this helps

Steve

Hi Steve,

you're right, on my machine wasn't a copy of Adobe Reader DC.

I have downloaded the latest version from here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/ with the following options:

AdobeReaderDCDownload.png

Then I restarted the computer, started the DisplayUnit and loaded a pdf-document. No problems so far, the browser control showed the document properly.

Maybe you try to update the Adobe Reader DC to the same version?

good evening

i have troubles with  AIVLA EFB.

Installer is running without any problems.

DataProvider  initialize and runs without problems. 

But starting the DISPLAY UNIT always the same error shows up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot accept new outgoing messages because status is unequal to 'running'.
   bei eg.a(Byte[] A_0)
   bei eo.a(Byte[] A_0)
   bei zp.b(Byte[] A_0)
   bei ze.j(Byte[] A_0)
   bei yh.a()
   bei xf.ac()
   bei vg.e()
   bei va.am()
   bei rd.b()
   bei rd.b(Object A_0)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit
    Assembly-Version: 1.6.2.26435.
    Win32-Version: 1.6.2.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.DisplayUnit.exe.
System.Core
    Win32-Version: 4.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
Castle.Windsor
    Assembly-Version: 3.3.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.3.0.2412.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/Castle.Windsor.DLL.
DevExpress.BonusSkins.v15.1
    Assembly-Version: 15.1.5.0.
    Win32-Version: 15.1.5.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/DevExpress.BonusSkins.v15.1.DLL.
DevExpress.Utils.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/DevExpress.Utils.v15.1.DLL.
AivlaSoft.Efb.Common
    Assembly-Version: 1.6.2.26434.
    Win32-Version: 1.6.2.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.Common.DLL.
Castle.Core
    Assembly-Version: 3.3.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 3.3.3.2300.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/Castle.Core.DLL.
DevExpress.Data.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/DevExpress.Data.v15.1.DLL.
DevExpress.XtraEditors.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v15.1.DLL.
AivlaSoft.Efb.WeatherServices
    Assembly-Version: 1.6.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.6.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.WeatherServices.DLL.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
UIAutomationClient
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/UIAutomationClient/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/UIAutomationClient.dll.
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll.
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.6.96.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll.
DevExpress.XtraGrid.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/DevExpress.XtraGrid.v15.1.DLL.
System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations
    Win32-Version: 4.6.79.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.dll.
AivlaSoft.Efb.IFlightplanHandler
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/AivlaSoft.Efb.IFlightplanHandler.DLL.
AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.AAXE
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.AAXE.dll.
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly-Version: 10.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 14.6.79.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll.
System.Web
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.FSC
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.FSC.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.iFly
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.iFly.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.ISG
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.ISG.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.KML
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.KML.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.LevelD
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.LevelD.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.MsFs
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.MsFs.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.P3D
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.P3D.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.PmdgRte
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.PmdgRte.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.ProSim737
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.ProSim737.dll.
AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.SimAvionics
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/plugins/AivlaSoft.FlightplanHandlers.SimAvionics.dll.
DevExpress.XtraRichEdit.v15.1
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/DevExpress.XtraRichEdit.v15.1.DLL.
DevExpress.RichEdit.v15.1.Core
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/DevExpress.RichEdit.v15.1.Core.DLL.
DevExpress.Office.v15.1.Core
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Spiele/Lockheed%20Martin/Downloads/AIVLA%20EFB%20Software/EFB/DevExpress.Office.v15.1.Core.DLL.
System.Drawing.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the DATA PROVIDER display following error:

Connection to 127.0.0.1 terminated, caused by:  TimeoutSND

PLEASE have anyone an idea whats going on !!!!

Thanks for your reply.

Brgds

Just to give Urs and Travis some feed back, I have been running 1.6.0 since its release and not had any issues in functionality or stability. I just installed 1.6.2, but it appears I have reached the end of my trial period.

But to conclude for me 1.6.x installed and functioned correctly, I am still waiting for the Aerosoft Airbus update so could not confirm if there fix had a knock on effect to EFB.

Regards Rob