Stansted runway 22 displaying 23

The up to date navdata gives the runway at Stansted as 22 but the EFB displays the runway as 23. Which might be the reason the  departure runway box is greyed out and displays "runway assignment warning for EGSS - STANSTED. Please see the DataProvider's window". That window gives the warning "Navigation data runway ident 22 at EGSS could not be assigned to simulator runway." 

As far as I can see, the nava data seems to be up to date everywhere. Going round in circles...

Thanks

Check in the manual on reassigning runways using the 'runways.txt' file. It talks about this very situation.

Thanks both.

As suggested, I put "EGSS 04 22" in that file but no change to the problem. When I press "Departures" in EFB the runway box is still greyed out and it displays "Favors runway(s) 23 / 05". I'm using OrbxFTXGlobalBASE130 scenery, if that has anything to do with it...

Also, just about to look here for this: When I press the METAR button in "Modules" I get METAR is not available (for EGSS and EGAA) even though on the weather setting page http://www.aviationweather.gov/adds/metars/ is set and it the meter for those airfields is available directly.

But I doubt if this has anything to do with the other problem.

Hi,

as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

Did you also read this post from the FAQs? Therein you find a more detailed example about the runways.txt. I'm sure it will help.

As for the missing METAR, do you get this message for all airports or only for certain airports? Sometimes it may happen that the downloaded data does not contain METAR data for certain airports.

Thank you Urs, it's great that you get to see all the questions asked on here!

I have done all the steps that is suggested in the FAQ section. After doing as suggested I'm not getting the error message from the data thingy, but still getting "Favors runway(s) 23 / 05" instead of the correct runways and boxes greyed out (in the "Modify" section).

On the METAR page I didn't see the  "Weather Provider" tab and to change it to "NOAA", so now that is working beautifully thanks.

John

I am still getting "Favors runway(s) 23 / 05" instead of what it is (22 / 04), and boxes greyed out which prevents setting the departure. Is there any answer to this?

I hope to pay for this lovely software after trying it, but it is not working at the moment...

Thanks,

John

John,

Who is the developer of your EGSS airport?  I don't think Orbx Global has that airport - just surrounding scenery.

Open EFB, load EGSS, click the Airport Information icon, and once that dialog opens, double click in the blank area above the General Info / Communications tabs until you see a filepath and filename.

Post a screenshot of it here and if it's something I can access, I'll sort things out for you.

I use all of UK2000's airports and I have the correct runways being listed, all parking spots, etc.

Here's my layout for Stansted. I have orbx scenery for England but no separate airport for Stansted. As you can see it's also the gates that are different on mine, I've attached a portion of the latest chart for reference also.

Is this maybe an issue with the uk2000 scenery and the information that EFB is getting from the scenery files?

Hi Brian

Your up-to-date maps look soo much better; there might be 15 years from the old to the new though. This problem was happening before I bought uk2000 Stansted; it was just that one the guys that answered this topic (above) said that there his worked fine using uk2000.

Wish I could get mine working. I need someone who understands how the system works to sort it out for me. It is just too much for me to know what to do next...

Not sure if there is something like 'customer service' with the software to whom you can contact directly.

Thanks

John

Is the Stansted you're using the new one from UK2000? if so have you updated the scenery in the data provider?

Click on "data" at the top and then "simulator scenery update data"

Sorry if you have already done this but I can't think of anything else at the moment

The uk2000 was setup a couple of weeks ago. It's "UK2000 Stansted Xtreme, version 4.00"

I have done the data update that you suggested.

Could you do the thing that Travis suggested (above) to compare your scenery files that you have?

"Open EFB, load EGSS, click the Airport Information icon, and once that dialog opens, double click in the blank area above the General Info / Communications tabs until you see a filepath and filename."

Although I can't get that same thing to work today :(   When I press the "Airport Information icon" I get a map of Stanted's runway.

Mine is attached.

Thanks, John

The uk2000 was setup a couple of weeks ago. It's "UK2000 Stansted Xtreme, version 4.00"

I have done the data update that you suggested.

Could you do the thing that Travis suggested (above) to compare your scenery files that you have?

"Open EFB, load EGSS, click the Airport Information icon, and once that dialog opens, double click in the blank area above the General Info / Communications tabs until you see a filepath and filename."

Although I can't get that same thing to work today :(   When I press the "Airport Information icon" I get a map of Stanted's runway.

Mine is attached.

Thanks, John

OK well I don't have Stansted but I do have EGKK and EGLL and when I follow Travis' process all of my UK2000 scenery is in a UK2000 folder. Yours is definitely using the default FSX scenery so I'm wondering if it's installed correctly? can you post a grab of your scenery list from inside fsx?

The reason you can only post a 3k file is because of the forum limitations on uploaded files. you need to delete the old files before you can up;pad any newer/bigger ones. Don;t loose faith both UK2000 and EFB are worthy add-ons I'm using both and ORBX and have n problems at all. there is something odd going on we just need to get to the bottom of it.

From the image I can see that whilst you have the uk2000 library at the top of your list you don;t have the airport itself up there. The Libraries I think just contains stuff like ground vehicles and such. If you scroll down that list can you see anything else with UK2000 in it?

I've just checked mine and each airport has it's own entry as well as the 1 Library entry which should be at the bottom of any UK2000 airport entries

Thanks Brian, the picture didn't come through though. 

The screen I would be most interested in is the page from airport information where you do a double click in the blank area above the General Info / Communications tabs and get the path to the scenery files you're system using.

Don't know if I would get any clues from that..

Thanks again

John