Stutters P3D

Hi,

I'm flying the P3D NGX in v.2.5 with latest hotfix. Incessant stutters begin about 30 minutes or so into the flight. After a great deal of experimentation, only one thing eliminated the problem. Shutting down EFB. After that, every flight is flawless. I'm using the latest version of EFB. Hard to live without this great software. Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,

Doug

Doug,

Same here. One of the things I did was to check and see if I had more than one instance of Simconnect installed as this has been known to cause stutters for certain individuals but I only had one. This was painful as I had finally gotten it working in a networked configuration. The stutters would stop every time as soon as I shut down the data provider. I'm hopeful for a resolution.

Adolfo

When I have this problem I'm running:

VPilot

Active Sky Next

PMDG NGX

and that's it. I also have ORBX scenery installed.

I've tried stopping ASN and VPilot but stopping EFB stops the problem.

I did notice the two simconnects running and stopped one but that didn't solve the problem. Only stopping EFB stopped the stutters.

Thanks,

Doug

@all,

please try the following:

- restart your windows PC (better, shutdown, wait for at least 20 seconds, then restart)

- start FSX

- start EFB DataProvider

- do not start any other programs or add-ons

... test whether the problem still occurs.

Urs,

Ran PD3 today using only EFB and it ran just fine, no stutters. I forgot to mention in my previous post that I was also running FSCrew along with ASN when I experienced the stutters. Will run another test when I get another chance using FSCrew and EFB, no ASN and see what happens then. I'll report back.

Thanks,

Adolfo

I have the exact same problem in P3D 2.5.

I am running the Aerosoft Airbus or the NGX, ASN and EFB. And sooner or later, the stuttering starts and gets very bad quite rapidly.

Quitting the Data Provider instantly brings back the smoothness!

No solution, no ideas?

I've tested different scenarios with different aircraft.

And in the NGX, the stuttering is really bad, it makes the sim unflyable.

Even if I turn off ASN, and only EFB and Ezdok are running and using simconnect, the stuttering occurs, 15-20 minutes into the flight.

I've never had that in FSX.

Hi,

No solution, no ideas?
No, sorry. You know, each computer is different than the other one. There are so many programs running simultaneously and many add-ons which are using SimConnect (including P3D). It's impossible to say "it's this or that", especially from remote without having a look directly at that computer and not knowing that computer. I agree with you that it is not funny when such things occur, but there are so many other computers without having these problems. So please bear with me that I cannot give you the one and only right advice what to change or what to do else.

Ok, but I thought I wasn't the only one.

On the same machine, EFB runs flawlessly for 2 years now with FSX.

Very sorry to hear that you don't have an answer and you won't look into the problem. I really enjoy using your excellent software in FSX. But it brings the otherwise perfectly fluid P3D down to unacceptable FPS with bad stutters.

It seems clear that this is not a one-off phenomena. When I run NGX with EFB alone in P3D v2.5 hotfix the stutter problem is profound. It is difficult because I really like EFB and have used it for years but am making the commitment to move over to P3D and most other add-ons are working. I know Aivlasoft will get it fixed in due time. For now I guess I'll have to look at alternatives.

Good luck,

Doug

It seems clear that this is not a one-off phenomena. When I run NGX with EFB alone in P3D v2.5 hotfix the stutter problem is profound. It is difficult because I really like EFB and have used it for years but am making the commitment to move over to P3D and most other add-ons are working. I know Aivlasoft will get it fixed in due time. For now I guess I'll have to look at alternatives.

Good luck,

Doug

Doug,

Same here. There's definitely something wrong. I have moved on from EFB and using another software until this is fix. Just like stated if previous posts the stuttering starts after about 20 minutes of flying and won't stop until the data provider is shut down.

Adolfo

Very interesting thread!

I've experienced the exact same thing but didn't think of EFB as the culprit since I've been using EFB since day one I installed P3D version 2.5 but only suffered from the stuttering issue for the last week or so.

Will try stopping the Data Provider next time I fly and the stuttering begins to see if that stops the stuttering in my case too.

• 4 weeks later...

Same here, after spending weeks trying to track down the stuttering by changing my P3D settings and all sorts of tweaks I finally came across this thread and low and be hold switching off EFB resolves the issue for me too!

I run EFB networked whilst my ASN is on my main P3D PC. Simply switching on and off the display unit introduces the stutters. Until a fix can be found unfortunately, this great piece of software (EFB) will be turned off..!  :-(

i7-5960X CPU @ 3.00GHz and 2x titan blacks.

Gary 

• 11 months later...

Is there any solution yet? I'm facing the same issues here. Running the dataprovider and display unit on different machines and after a while i get the stuttering and bad fps. Shutting down the dataprovider helps but this is painful...

too few resources? If it works at the beginning and it becomes worse after a while means that something gets short. Do you run a wireless network?

BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

too few resources? If it works at the beginning and it becomes worse after a while means that something gets short. Do you run a wireless network?

BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

Hi Urs,

thanks for getting back to me! Yes, i'm running a wireless network between the two machines. Should i try it with a lan network instead?

Made two flights today - the issue is'nt related to the network configuration as it also happens if i'm running the dataprovider and display unit on the same machine. I'm using Prepar3Dv3.2.

I'm noticing the stutter mostly at the approach phase and on the ground. I could perfectly observe the stuttering while my GSX vehicles are moving. The stutter occurs every 1-2 seconds until i close the dataprovider. After closing it, all the GSX vehicles are moving perfectly.

Hi Florian,

as I said, too few resources. At the end of a flight (approach) the memory has become short but the closer you come to the ground the more memory is required to display all the details which are all not visible when in flight. EFB (DataProvider) reads every one second the latest aircraft state via SimConnect and therefore it requires more "attention" from SimConnect/P3D as other add-ons which only require data every now and then.

Made some further tests with my settings: Again stutters after landing.

Then i made two tests:

1. Restarting the DataProvider at the Gate and then slewing the aircraft around some times

-> Stutters are getting worse and worse

2. Restarting the DataProvider at the Gate and just viewing my aircraft from the outside view (without even moving the camera)

-> Stutters are also getting worse and worse from minute to minute

The stutters have nothing to do with GSX (it is only the easiest way to verify it). Even if i move the camera around the aircraft the stutters are occuring. This happens also without the DisplayUnit (so just the DataProvider is started).

The free VAS at this time was >800MB.

I've absolutely no clue but as i've read in several other threads many users are having the exact same issue.

BTW: I'm using Prepar3D v3.2

Thanks!

Florian,

if the stutters only occurs at the ground and on the approach, but not a high altitudes, then it's obviously not an issue with the DataProvider. I guess it's a bottleneck of SimConnect because when your aircraft is on the ground, the simulator has really a lot to do with all the scenery data, and other items like outside camera views.

- Can you provide a screenshot which shows the current settings of the view properties?

- Have you also had these stutters before P3Dv3?

- Did you already mention with which aircraft do you experience these stutters?