Installing

Hello,

I just downloaded EFB and wanted to install it but when he ask me to select which component to install, I cannot select DataProvider nor the AIRAC cycles options.

I read the "first run" on the PDF documentation and he say that first I should start Data Provider....

I dont have it....how I should do ?

Thanks

Regards

After reading through several pages of general support threads, I found this:

if the DataProvider and the AIRACs are greyed out means that the installer could not detect an installation of either FSX or P3D on the computer. If there is an installation but it could not be detected, you can run the "FSX registry utility" from http://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php

I was able to install the Data Provider and AIRACs the first time I did the install, and obv. have FSX installed, so not sure what happened in the interim, but in the meantime, let's try the FSX registry utility to see if that fixes it,

Scott

Just updating - I got everything to install properly:

- I downloaded the FSX registry utility from the link provided earlier. Initially that didn't seem to work.

- In my case, I had to use a utility called Junction Box; it appears that in the course of doing some reinstalls, some Windows junction folders and such had gotten messed up with permissionings - somewhat hard to explain, but basically these are folders that look like folders in Windows Explorer, but they're not actually folders, they only trick applications into thinking they're writing to a folder. Anyway, using Junction Box cleaned this up right away - I highly highly recommend you do some careful reading up on this before using it.

- After using Junction Box, I was immediately able to use the FSX registry utility to fix it so that the system now knows where my FSX is actually installed.

Install immediately worked like a champ!

Scott