FSX:SE - Airbus X crashes with EFB

Hi,

I'm running a side by side install of Fsx SP2 and FSX:SE. Aerosoft Airbus X is flying well on both install and EFB runs well with FSX SP2. But when I try to perform a regular flight with Aerosoft AirbusX on FSX:SE and EFB active, I get a FSX:SE programm crash e few minutes after take off. Using the same SID without EFB active: no problem at all.

The last message displayed by EFB DataProvider (networked install) is : Warning - DefWndProc (isConnected=true): Exception de HRESULT : 0xC000014B. No other warning or error message in EFB.

I really don't understand what can be wrong. It seems I have the same trouble with MJC Dash-8... Not tried with PMDG 777 yet.

Any idea? Workaround?

Skip.

Hello,

Well, I've found no usefull help anywhere so I think I must wait for a FSX:SE compatible release of EFB. But my issue is strange as I don't have any trouble with installation, paths, sceneries. EFB is running very well Under fsx:se until few minutes after takeoff.

I'll be patient.

Skip.

• 6 months later...

Tonight, I got the same Error Msg.---->>> Warning - DefWndProc (isConnected=true): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

During what was turning out to be a perfect flight in PMDG's 737NGX, after about three hours, the sim appeared to freeze.  I say appeared, because the clouds were still whizzing by the window, but I was no longer able to select views, FMC, etc.

At the time, I was running P3D, PMDG738, ASN and Aivlasoft

After hitting the "A" and "S" keys several time with the hope of "unlocking" whatever may have been locked up, the system just totally crashed.

Does anyone know what may have gone wrong?

George

Hi George,

The error HRESULT: 0xC000014B is an error which is thrown by the simulator. For details please read this post from the FAQs: http://aivlasoft.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/136-exception-from-hresult-0xc000014b/%C2%A0

The exception is raised by the simulator which means that the simulator has crashed and the DataProvider crashes later crashes because of the simulator crash.