EFB and X-Plane

Hi,

as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

EFB version 1.x exclusively uses SimConnect to get data from the simulator. There is no other interface implemented. Therefore it can only "talk" with FSX/P3D. Version 2.0 is (from a technical point of view) ready to connect to any simulator. The release version 2.0 will allow to connect to FSX/P3D as well as FS9/2004. The plan says that the subsequent versions (2.x) will also allow to connect with X-Plane, but this is not yet implemented yet.

Saving a flight plan as "*.fms" file is not supported because no one has ever asked for that. If you can provide technical details (specifications about the file format, data format, folder names etc.) then I could write a so called flight plan handler for that data format.

Oh I wish I had any idea about the data format etc. I only know that Xplane needs a .fms format flightplan to be able to import it. A program/online site named onlineflightplanner.org has the option to save FP's in different format and amongst them are .fms. So that's what I use at the moment, but it would be nice to be able to do it from EFB.

BTW: Do you have any info of what the V2 will update/add of new things?

Regards Jørn

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

After several attempts with X-Plane's Demo over the past couple of years, I've recently transitioned to X-Plane 10 and do not regret it. In fact, my impression of the platform, the availability of payware and freeware offerings and X-Plane's community increases every day. I am however disappointed with what's available presently insofar as electronic flight assistance for X-Plane and therefore want to add my name to those wishing that Aivlasoft's EFB be available for X-Plane. Based on my recent exposure to X-Plane's community forums and recent announcements from at least one major player in the flightsim community, I suspect that X-Plane's user growth will increase to a degree of interest to caterers to the traditional MSFS platform.

Keeping my finders crossed I say regards to all.

Jean-Jacques

• 1 month later...

Hi Folk's 

For several years now I have been using Aivlasoft EFB in conjunction with FSX and found that it provides excellent results every time that I used it. Not only does it produce  a complete flight plan, from departure gate to arrival that but it also includes Full ILS approach details, via an appropriate STAR location, with the correct fix points and altitude settings to achieve  perfect ILS approaches.  :-)  :-)

More recently, I had cause to purchase X-Plane because, it permits Hardware In The Loop (HITL) testing of ArduPilot auto routes, via Mission Planner . Clearly, I have also used X-Plane simulator to fly routes around the UK and, whilst there are several products that  provide route planning, the resultant plans  are, in no way, as good as those produced by EFB. :-(  :-(

​I would therefore like to endorse  Jean-Jacques plea for support in providing routes available in X-plane FMS formatted  files because, the number of X-Plane users are increasing.

Regards

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Urs,

I also own Aivlasoft EFB for years now and used it with FSX and recently P3D successfully. I also fly X-Plane 10 parallel to P3D and whenever I move to XP my trusted EFB can only be used for the general planning and maps but the online stuff and moving map does not work. With XPlane I use FSC9 because it works via XPUIPC which is a free FSUIPC like plugin and allows to connect most FSX Tools that use FSUIPC. You mentioned that you will support FS9 with v2 - I guess you are using FSUIPC? Then there is a good chance that X-Plane will be supported as well.

Should you ever need support for testing this me and others will be available to help :)

Kind regards

Kosta

@all,

X-Plane is on the to-do-list for version 2. But it will not be supported with the release version 2.0. To keep things not too complex, I decided to postpone the integration of X-Plane for one of the subsequent versions of 2.0. Version 2 uses FSUIPC (unregistered version) and will support FS9, FSX and P3D.

• 5 months later...

Version 2 is a completely re-write of the code base with new features, a new and redesigned user interface and much more. Therefore it will not be a free update. Existing users will get a discount on the retail price. Currently no price is defined and also no discount.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Wycliffe,

EFB v2 is still under development. It's too early to say when it will be released. As I already wrote in an earlier post, X-Plane will not be supported with the first 2.0 version. 2.0 will support FSX, Steam, P3D, FS2004. Then after successful release of 2.0 I will start to develop for X-Plane which will then be available with one of the subsequent versions like 2.1, 2.2. or even 2.5.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/21/2017 at 3:15 AM, aivlasoft said:

Hi,

with the release of XPlane 11 I have started with some basic programming against the UDP interface of XPlane. This is to get familiar with the techniques behind the curtain which is mandatory to understand.

Hello Urs,

I'm also a user of X-Plane11.  So I would love to have AivlaSoft EFB support for XP11 also.  Any idea when this might be available and will it be something that is purchased separately, which would be fine?

It's really funny, because I purchased AivlaSoft EFB a long time ago and forgot that I had it.  I seen JonFly using it on a video and almost bought it again when I did a check though my files and seen it there.  Now I love it.

Looking forward to X-Plane 11 version.  Wouldn't  XPUIPC work like Simconnect, to connect it to the sim?

Thank you,

Bob

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...