"Error: Cannot find airport with ICAO code"

Hi, I just downloaded EFB recently to try it out but I have not been able to successfully open a route in it.

I followed the installation instructions in the Installation and Configuration PDF. DataProvider seems like it's working fine, it shows successful connection to FSX. But, when I go to Route Setup I'm having two issues which I think are related.

1. I attempt to select a route. I have tried 3 of the 5 route selection methods - VATroute, RouteFinder, and manually entering the route description. (I don't have any route files to test the other 2 methods.) I have used major airports like KDFW, EGLL, and LIRF and every time I try to select the route in EFB, I get the error "Cannot find airport with ICAO code

."

2. When I try to manually select an origin airport, I can type in the ICAO code in the box on the upper left. But, the other features on this screen do not work.

a)I type in the ICAO code and press the "Get Airport Data" button. Nothing happens.

b)I can click on the dropdown arrows under Region and Country, but no list drops down.

c)I can click on the radio buttons in the nautical mile range box, but the buttons do not become "checked" when I click them.

A couple things to note:

1. I am using FSX Steam Edition. I understand that this may be an issue, but my initial guess was that it is not causing problems because I am able to get the message in DataProvider that says "Connection to FSX is established."

2. I tried this using the AIRAC cycles included with FSX, and got this error. I then tried updating the .bgl files using the World NavAids program by Herve Sors. This updated my FSX files to cycle 1501. I am still getting the same error message.

It seems like for whatever reason, EFB can't find my airport databases. If anyone can provide info or a fix for this it would be greatly appreciated!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@all,

first of all, open the airport database (DisplayUnit: "Airports" > "All Airports") and see whether there are any airports at all. If the list is empty means that the DataProvider could not build the database. If the DataProvider could not build the database most probably is caused by a faulty path to the scenery.cfg file. Verify that the path to the scenery.cfg folder is correct and then re-run the DataProviders function "Simulator scenery data update". Note: Be careful when selecting the scenery.cfg path since AFAIK there are different locations, but only one is the correct one.

• 3 weeks later...

The symptoms you describe are spot on, but despite correct directory paths, the issue remains.

Jack

I hope it helps

default / Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3

Installation folder (default)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 (or the modified install location)

Flight plan folder
C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\Documents\Prepar3D v3Files

Scenery.cfg folder
C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Aerosoft NavDataPro
C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\NavData\AerosoftNavDataPro

Active Sky data file (P3D)
C:\Users\YOUR ACCOUNT NAME\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\ASNP3D\Weather\current_wx_snapshot.txt

• 4 months later...