Problems "connecting"

Hello,

Downloaded what looks like a great piece of software and having some difficulty. I am trying to set up over two computers so using network connections. I have had a home network for years and have other FSX software that works fine over my network.

All installation of the EFB appears to have gone fine, putting the data provider on the Host computer with FSX and the displayunit on the additional computer. When I try to start up everything appears to be going fine. The data provider seems to be fine. The displayunit software starts up fine, goes through the EFB initialization and then the yellow "connecting" box appears and it won't go any further.

Have gone over the manual, I think carefully, the port# is the same etc.. I have turned off all firewalls to see if that is the problem and still no luck.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Dave Willson,

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi Dave

Did you read the post in this forum:

"Can't get the distributed installation to work"?

I also have a 2-Computer setup with Windows 7 64Bit for FSX with the Data Provider and a Windows-XP PC for the Display unit. And it works super; you have to share the respective folders as explained in the other post.

Peter

CEO cheeseair-va

http://www.cheeseair-va.ch

Thanks for the quick response. Maybe I don't quite understand which specific file folder I am required to share. Have tried several and one that was accepted by the "Provider data folder" line on the folders and links settings page. Right now on the line is :

\\"computername"\AivlaSoft.EFB.DataProvider. Since this is not a folder, perhaps I have the wrong thing here still.

Could someone point me at the correct folder I need to share.

Thanks

Dave,

when 'Connecting' appears, the data already has been read successfully. That means the problem is not the share you use but something with the TCP settings.

Can you tell me whether the settings are as follows:

DataProvider-Settings:

- ServerMode must be set to 'Any'

DisplayUnit-Settings:

- ServerMode must be set to 'Remote'

- ServerName must contain the name of your host computer, press 'Check Name' to verify the name in the text box.

On both computers the port number must be set to the same value.

Thanks for the attention to my problem. Much appreciated.

Peter - All my machines are running XP.

Aivlasoft -

DataProvider-Settings: set to "any"

DisplayUnit-Settings:

- ServerMode set to 'Remote'

- ServerName clicked on 'Check Name' and got the "OK" box

- on both computers the port number is the same value.

I have two other desktops and one laptop on my network. I have installed the Display unit on two desktops and get the same situation with the program stalled at the "connecting" box. Do you think that it means I have something set wrong on the DataProvider computer?

Any other ideas would be great.

Appreciate all the help.

Dave

Hi Urs,

Have found the log file, but can't see how to attach a file to one of these posts. I didn't think you wanted me to cut and paste the contents of the file in a post. In the FAQ I see that I need permission to add attachments.

If you could let me know how to get the log file to you I will send it tomorrow.

thanks

Dave