FSrealWX data folder

Hi,

as per the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

As far as I know there is no explicit folder for the files. Just search for a folder where the files with the postfix "*.wx" are stored. Maybe it's a folder which can be configured in the settings of FSrealWX?

I cannot seem to find wich folder I'm supposed to refer to to get FSrealWX working in EFB.

I have googled "the whole internet", but no luck so far.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

<>\data\exchange\common\current_weather.txt

Also... run FS Global Weather.exe and open the Tools menu > General Settings and check the "Enable Data Exchange" tick box. Description below that tick box should have the path to the weather file.

EDIT: oops! Looks like there's two weather programs with the almost identical names, FSrealWX and FS Global Real Weather. The above instructions are for FS Global Real Weather by Pilot's Software. I learned something today.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Here is the answer:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Temp

The thing is that this folder does ONLY show up while simulator is running :D

I am using FSX but looked in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming/Microsoft/FSX  but there isn't a Temp file. I had FSRealWX  and FSX running. Can anyone help please

If you're referring to the freeware FSrealWX weather engine, you would have to manually save the METAR data first, and you would define where you wish to save it.

Go to the FSrealWX menu, select Save WX and give it a filename.

I would create a folder within my FSrealWX folder named "WX" and save my file using the same filename "recent.wx".  I would then set EFB to point to that file specifically.

Then when I would start a new flight, I'd re-save the WX file and proceed to EFB for my planning.

(If I'm misunderstood what you're looking for, I apologize.)

Regards,

• 4 months later...

First of all, my name is Michael, using callsign EUA197.

I also had stress to get working EFB together with FSrealWX Pro.

Today i found perhaps the solution and i hope that i can help many users also.

The problem itself is produced not by EFB but by FSrealWX Pro.

If you go to => Options => General you see the path to Export Metar File.

If you put the path with the option "Open Folder" and then "OK" you see the following path, which will not work:

C:/Program Files (x86)/FSrealWX_Pro/storedWX.

This is wrong and will not be accepted from EFB !

The reason is the wrong slash /.

So put in manually the path c:\Program Files (x86)\FSrealWX_Pro\storedWX and file ".wx"

This will work for me.

Michael,

thanks for sharing your experience.

So put in manually the path c:\Program Files (x86)\FSrealWX_Pro\storedWX and file ".wx"

Just as a not unimportant side note:

Since Windows Vista was introduced, the folders "C:\Program Files"  and "C:\Program Files (x86)" and all folders below them have restricted access when writing data without administrator rights. This is due to security considerations. Since you never know whether a program runs under administrator rights, it might happen that a program which does not run under administrator rights, is not allowed to write data to such a folder, or one of its children.

This is the reason why Microsoft introduced some other folders like "..\AppData", "Program Data", as well as the already known "MyDocuments" folder. These folders are the place to store data where the above mentioned folders are solely for executable files.