Neetworking nightmares...

Hello fellow desktop pilots...

I had the very bad idea to upgrade my MacBook Pro OS last week and thus had to re install my Windows 7 on its BootCamp partition run by Parallels 9. For your information I used the same laptop and setup as my Display Unit for EFB for the past two years with no issues. Having re installed W7 Home edition 64 and my display Unit, I could easily find my PC on which I run FSX and network it to EFB DataProvider, my FSX PC is clearly shown on the tree from which I selected the correct folder.

Then, I wanted to map one by one all my flightplan folders in EFB Display Unit following the same procedure, but

1/ My tree does not show my FSX PC anymore in the network, hence I cannot select the folders

2/ I tried writing the links very carefully in the boxes, to no avail as EFB would tell me that my folders do not exist

I pinged my FSX PC on cmd from my laptop and everything is satisfactory, it does work, as EFB immediately found my host PC.

So I am lost, I spent hours and hours in the past two days trying to rectify the problem, reading pages and pages on Internet on how to make this work, to no avail... Quite frustrating indeed, obviously not anything to do with Aivlasoft excellent EFB!!! Could anyone help me in my predicament please (I posted on Windows Community, Apple Community, Parallels forum and some others, no clue from anyone as of now unfortunately).

Thank you!

After four days of reading, questioning here and there, troubleshooting and guessing, I finally got my EFB display to work as before on my laptop. I was unable to re-establish the HomeGroup on the laptop (it would only offer the "create"* button instead of "join") but as mentioned in my first message, my Simulator PC was detected by EFB (Hostname found), the link to the DataProvider could be created manually with no difficulty (although my simulator PC could not be seen on the drive selection tree!), and albeit my first attempt to do the same for the flight plans folders failed, I finally got them to work as well, and all that again manually, meaning that I wrote the paths one by one since the simulator PC was invisible. Amazingly, after writing the path and clicking on the button to select the path on the right, the drive selection tree was updated and the simulator PC was then appearing with all the shared files, but each time I started for another path, it would refuse to show the Simulator PC!!!

The last sweat was for the FSX flight plan folder to load the flight plans from, I applied the same recipe and it worked after two attempts.

May my adventure be useful to others, if you were unfortunate enough to hit that networking wall!