[SOLVED] Adding DisplayUnit breaks DataProvider

Hello,

I was running FSX and the DataProvider on machine A and the DisplayUnit on machine B (both EFB components at v.1.5).

Everything worked fine.

But now machine B has broken down, so I tried to add the DisplayUnit to machine A, too.

I re-ran the original installer (v.1.3) and checked only "Display Unit", installing to the existing EFB folder.

Apparently that approach was too simplistic:

The installation went smoothly, and the DisplayUnit does start.

But the DataProvider no longer starts; it gives a long and complex error message (unfortunately not copypastable :? )

"Could not load file or assembly 'AivlaSoft.Efb.Common, Version=1.5.0.19603 [...] The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)."

Version incompatibility perhaps?

I tried to delete DataProvider_UserSettings.bin but it did not help.

Can this be fixed in any way, or do I have to uninstall and re-install (and re-update) from scratch?

Thanks for all tips!

Cheers,

Martin

UPDATE:

Thanks for the replies :D

Case could be solved very simply, by re-running the v.1.5 updater* on top of everything else.

EFB now working on one box, as desired.

Cheers,

Martin

* I had forgotten that I had this as a "stand-alone" file; I thought the update had been done from within the program.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I was running FSX and the DataProvider on machine A and the DisplayUnit on machine B (both EFB components at v.1.5).

Everything worked fine.

But now machine B has broken down, so I tried to add the DisplayUnit to machine A, too.

I re-ran the original installer (v.1.3) and checked only "Display Unit", installing to the existing EFB folder.

Apparently that approach was too simplistic:

The installation went smoothly, and the DisplayUnit does start.

But the DataProvider no longer starts; it gives a long and complex error message (unfortunately not copypastable :? )

"Could not load file or assembly 'AivlaSoft.Efb.Common, Version=1.5.0.19603 [...] The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)."

Version incompatibility perhaps?

I tried to delete DataProvider_UserSettings.bin but it did not help.

Can this be fixed in any way, or do I have to uninstall and re-install (and re-update) from scratch?

Thanks for all tips!

Cheers,

Martin

UPDATE:

Thanks for the replies :D

Case could be solved very simply, by re-running the v.1.5 updater* on top of everything else.

EFB now working on one box, as desired.

Cheers,

Martin

* I had forgotten that I had this as a "stand-alone" file; I thought the update had been done from within the program.

same happens to me but still the display unit doesn't start, what to do ?

Also cannot change (grayed area) Server name or IP address!!

Stephane

Stephane,

it's important to use the same version of the installer on each system where you want to install either the DataProvider or a DisplayUnit.

Also cannot change (grayed area) Server name or IP address!!

Can you provide a screen shot, I'm not sure what exactly you mean. Thanks.