.NET error when running EFB and FSX Traffic Optimizer

Recently a new utility has been made available on both P3D and FSX Forums on AvSim. It's called Traffic Optimizer and deletes the furthest Ai from your aircraft down to a predetermined limit ignoring flights from/to the departure and arrival airports. It utilises .NET and runs on the same PC as EFB's Data Provider.

Its most recent version reads the flight plan stored in FSUIPC4 to get the 2 ICAOs but that is causing the Data Provider to crash with the following error...

NET_Crash.jpg

What I don't understand is the name of the plan - EFB_current_garmin.pln rather than the name I used when loading it into EFB - LEMHEGCCX.PLN

Clearly this crash is undesirable and I'd like it to be fixed. But the author of the utility tells me he reads the plan once only in read-only mode. So why is EFB unable to read it?

Hope someone can help. I can provide full details of the crash on my next flight - probably tomorrow.

Hi Travis,

Since I posted that message I've delayed the starting of Traffic Optimizer and the problem has gone away. It appears to be a conflict with Fiber Accelerator - another .NET program on startup. Launching it when everything else is running is now error free,

I've also deselected the option to generate the EFB_current_garmin plan so the program now reads the standard FS plan.

Travis,

Will do. My system is also powerful. i7 o/c to 4.4 with a 780GTX 3Gb card. FA does help with smoothness as well as increasing fps. That and Traffic Optimizer have made approaches into large airports like EGLL much more enjoyable.