CS777 Flight plan

Hi:

Great software I am not able to load a pln into CS777 it shows the dep airport and arr airport when I import it but no waypoints - so I found a work around - I can hand type in what EFB has made in simbrief.com site and save it out of simbrief website as a pln file and that imports all the proper waypoints but I have to input all the waypoints manually on the site is there a way to copy and paste the information from EFB so I don't have to do it manually or is there a reason EFB is not saving out the flt plan properly that I have missed - thank you.

Regards, Rich Sennett

Well I figured out copy and paste but still not sure why when I save a flt pln when I reopen it it has eliminated some of the waypoints no biggie - also just realized EFB is saving out a 2kb file which does not work then the same exact flt plan it saves it out as 4kb file and the CS777 can import that one with all the entire route so why would it be saving out some files correctly and some not ?

Rich,

I'm pretty sure that EFB has no explicit flight plan export module for CS (if CaptainSim is meant with CS). But you can save any EFB flight plan as an FSX flight plan using the FSX flight plan exporter which then creates a *.pln file. This file most probably can be read from CS777.

Rich,

I'm pretty sure that EFB has no explicit flight plan export module for CS (if CaptainSim is meant with CS). But you can save any EFB flight plan as an FSX flight plan using the FSX flight plan exporter which then creates a *.pln file. This file most probably can be read from CS777.

Correct but why is it saving out a .pln correctly (4kb file) and the same exact scenerio it will save it out as (2kb file) which is missing all the waypoint ? - installed as admin and all of that so any ideas why its doing it - thank you

Rich,

why is it saving out a .pln correctly (4kb file) and the same exact scenerio it will save it out as (2kb file) which is missing all the waypoint
I'm not sure whether I understand what you mean. Did you save the same EFB flight plan twice as pln-file and one file is 4kb and one is only 2kb? Can you provide the original EFB flight plan (as efbr-file) and explain which two target formats you used to create these two different plans?

Hi Urs:

Thanks for getting back to me so what I have figured out is the 2kb file only has the dep airport and arrival airport so thats why its only 2kb - so when I saved it with all of the waypoints it did not save all of the waypoints - I have the same flight plan but one of them has all of the waypoints and that saves correctly so must be something I am doing when it saves out it looses all of the waypoints I know they were there when I saved the native ebr file but when I re-open it the waypoints are gone - the native ebr did not save correctly - I know this sounds odd but I did save it native with all of the info - how I figured this out is because I have two native ebr files one had all the info and one did not which is strange as I would not save it without all of the needed info - not sure why it did this

Are you adding any future features or is this the final program ?

Thank you

Regards, Rich

You don't have any waypoints in your flight plan that's why, you only have a origin and destination plus SID or STAR. SIDS and STARS are not put in exported flight plans for some aircraft formats because the developers specifically tell third parties not to include them, PMDG for example is one such developer who will not allow Aivlasoft to include procedures in the rte plan as its not realistic and it causes problems for their FMC's. The pilot of such aircraft are required to enter the procedure manual by selecting them in the FMC. It's covered in the manual.

EFB Version 1 development has been frozen for well over 12 months now, only bugs will be fixed. Version 2 has been in development for a significant time, any feature requests should be made in the Wishlist forum area for possible inclusion in V2.

Hi Andy:

Small world - hope all is well

I have the waypoints - tjayy - brrro - jaite ect. I am only making a fsx plan so that has nothing to with pmdg - I am importing them into CS777 - I am thinking because all of those waypoints as shown are not in the ATS Routing window it only shows KBOS BLZZR2 KLAX - I am thinking all of these tjayy - brrro - jaite ect - need to be in that window to save out all of those waypoints shown in my screenshot - has to be a process that I am not aware of when saving

How do I copy those waypoints from 1 to 12 its not pickable text

Thank you

Hi Richard,

BLZZR2 is a SID and not an enroute waypoint, you can even see it in the ATS routing box, procedures are not normally included in the flight plan and if those waypoints aren't in FSX's navdata (which after all this time is very likely the case as FSX's own data hasn't been update since 2005) that is likely why they are dropped from your FSX plan when you export it. Try opening the FSX map and zoom in on the procedure and see if you can see the individual waypoints that go into making that SID, if you cannot see them then you have your answer I think.

By the way SIDS and STARS are not editable in v1 of EFB, the original reasoning behind that decision was that the moment you edit a procedure it is no longer valid. I think it will be possible in V2 though.

I am really confused I bought the latest navdata installed for both EFB and CS777 - I have saved out a plan out of EFB as shown 4kb with all I need to get from one airport to the other its all I care about - how do I consistently save out the 4kb file as you can see it does it but also saves out 2kb file which I cant use - you have not explained why it works sometimes and not others - I think all of that info (waypoints made by EFB) shown in the screenshot need to be in a text field to save it out as a 4kb file with all of those way points - thank so much Andy

Rich,

it's definitely the way as Andy already explained. Your route from KBOS to KLAX does not contain one single enroute waypoint. The "route" only consists of the departure route "BLZZR2" followed by a 2245.8 nm long enroute part, then the ILS 07 approach with transition MERMA. Whenever you save this route using the SAVE dialog you have to decide whether the flight plan will be written with all procedure waypoints or not. If you choose "Write procedures" then your flight plan file has a size of 4 KB, if you choose to NOT write the procedures, then the flight plan size is 2 KB and contains only the origin and the destination airport.