Reinstalled EFB and UK2000 Scenery Now Parking Issue

I don't remember having this issue before, but since reinstalling FSX and all my 3rd party add-ons including EFB and UK2000 Xtreme airfields only half of the available parking spots are showing in the EFB Display Unit. I did a Google search and found a couple of older threads with this problem and think the problem was fixed with a later update as EFB was looking at the wrong bgl file or something like that.

I am currently using version 1.5.1 and confirm I have run the Scenery Data Update within the Data Provider about three times now.

I have the Display unit on both the FSX computer and networked from a Laptop and its the same picture on both.

Any ideas please :(

Glen

Urs

I have done a bit more checking with this issue. I have the UK2000 VFR Airfields volumes 1,2 and 3, and can confirm I have no parking stand issues with any of these airfields.

With regard to the UK2000 Xtreme series they are for FSX and not FS2004, I have Gatwick EGKK, Newcastle EGNT, Cardiff EGFF and Edinburgh EGPH installed, Edinburgh is the only one of these with a full compliment of stands and gates, the other three only have about 30 or 40% of the available gates showing in the Display Unit. I decided to uninstall Cardiff, reboot my computer then re-install using the correct FSX files, currently version 1.02 as per the UK2000 manual, so everything is now installed by the book. Unfortunate after re-running the EFB DataProvider, Scenery Data Update I still only have a few stands showing in the Display Unit for Cardiff.

I don't know what the difference is between Edinburgh and the others, but prior to reinstalling FSX all installed UK2000 Xtreme airfields were displaying ok.

Glen

Hi Glen,

thanks for the detailed information.

What makes me puzzled is that there are about 30 or 40%. Sounds like there are doubled files somewhere on the computer what is messing up the DataProvider.

Before you did the re-install of FSX, did you run the uninstaller, or did you remove all the files manually? Can you verify that all paths and folder names in the "scenery.cfg" file are valid entries or maybe there are some paths and folder names which do not point to the current installation?

The DataProvider is reading the scenery.cfg file and is processing all the paths and folders which are listed therein. If there were some folders which are not part of the current installation, then the files in these folders would be processed too although they are not required.

Hi Urs

Thanks again for your help.

I have just had a looked at the Scenery.cfg file in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\ and the top line under General says :-

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

Why would it say FS9 ?? is this the problem ?

Glen

Urs

I have done a bit more investigating and noticed when I go to Free Flight in FSX then Select Airport, if I choose Gatwick (one of the UK2000 Xtreme airfields) and look at the available parking areas in the Starting Position box, they match what is showing in EFB Display. So it looks like these UK2000 Xtreme files are somehow corrupted even after a reinstall, so the EFB DataProvider is just reading these corrupted files :(

I'll have to contact UK2000 support and see what's going on.

Glen

• 2 years later...

Hi Glen,

What was the final outcome did you resolve your issue, I can see topic was not concluded. It would be nice to know if your problem was sorted for future reference as someone might encounter the very same problem and would be much easier to pinpoint the problem than creating multiple posts.

Ldee247