Hello Urs,

Yes you are right in all your answers.

That EFB stops has something to do with FSX configuration. :evil:

Why?

I have a Intel Core 2 quad q9300@2.50 GHZ

Installed Memory is 8 GB

Win 7 64 bits

ATI Radeon HD 5700 1 GB card

2 HD 1 for Win7 and 1 terrabyte card for FSX.

Programs running only FSX, ASE, Rex, FSM all dedicated for FSX.

Planes installed and all flyable: ConcordeX, PMDG 747 and MD11, Embraer 170/190 Airbus series 1 and 2.

No add-onn scenery

All programs run without any problem only when I start EFB it hangup and freeze after 1 hour 2 hour never before the hour.

I decided to run all programs one by one and never had a freeze my FPS are 30.

It only happens when I activate EFB even only FSX without anything and sliders to minimal for testing and EFB it freezes.

It freezes when I even go from my second screen to the maim screen.

I am lost and read a lot of postings about it but if it never will work on my system can I get a refund or can you promise something else?

Because it is worth more then that the money but it is worth nothing when it does not run.

Waiting any reply and help if possible. :D

Frans van Zantbeek

Hello Apostolos,

The freezing I had was for sure due to the dll mentioned.

But with EFB I still have freezing when that application isrunning.

I had freezing of the FSX when I launched all my add-ons like ASE, REX, FSC.

This is totaly solved by the UIAutomationcore.dll topic.

But the Freezing of the EFB is still there in my case mostly after 1 hour or two.

I fly regular 3 to 4 hours flights and then it is a pitty to redo them without EFB who give me more info then any other add-onn.

And because I am flying on-line I have to redo the leg and then it will take much longer when you have to restart.

I hope some PC Guru wil find a solution for this EFB behaviour or maybe we have to think that due to lack of further information we are lost.

My PC is throughly checked and is able to handle FSX with all sliders to max then I still have now 30 to 40 fps.

It is only EFB what stops me from being happy as you understand and Ithink alot of other FS enthousiastic flyers will agree with me.

So keep our fingers crossed and let us hope that someone will find a solution for us otherwise this is a waste of money.

BR

Frans

Frans,

Please allow me a few questions to attempt to narrow the range of possible issues:

Can you describe your FSX freezing more exactly? Does FSX stutter for a brief time and then the video freezes? Or does the video come to a stop all of a sudden? Does the video "black out" or "freeze?" Does the audio continue or does it stop?

Since your freezes do not occur within an hour of starting, can we assume that you do not have the EFB option to sync your FSX clock to your PC clock checked?

Are these "real-world" hours or FSX-accellerated hours?

Do you have access to a 2nd networked PC with which you can run a DisplayUnit to see if that also freezes your FSX?

With regards,

Hello GG-Flyer,

My answers to your request:

Can you describe your FSX freezing more exactly? Does FSX stutter for a brief time and then the video freezes? Or does the video come to a stop all of a sudden? Does the video "black out" or "freeze?" Does the audio continue or does it stop?

No it does not stutter. It comes to a stop and the audio continues. The screen becomes greyish so you can look through it like misty

Since your freezes do not occur within an hour of starting, can we assume that you do not have the EFB option to sync your FSX clock to your PC clock checked?

No I have disabled timesync as I use FS Real Time this waqs also because the datprovider always was giving the message that the time difference was 1 or 2 minutes and I thought that maybe that was also the problem

Are these "real-world" hours or FSX-accellerated hours?

Yes this are real world times and no accellerated hours I fly always Äs Real as it Gets

Do you have access to a 2nd networked PC with which you can run a DisplayUnit to see if that also freezes your FSX?

Yes I have done that and it also freezes after 1 hour,

I will mention that I looked at that time for Airport DATA and then when I went back to my Flihtsim it freezes with this result:

DefwndProc: HRESULT:OXCOOOO14B

Feel free to ask any question so I can help you out to find a solution

Frans van Zantbeek

Frans,

first of all thank you for your effort in reporting about the problem.

For me the question is: Does FSX freeze SimConnect (and therefore EFB as a logical consequence) OR does SimConnect freeze FSX? Which one of them causes the problem?

- What other add-ons are simultaneously installed and running on your computer at the moment when the exception is raised?
    - Does the exception also occur if EFB is the ONE AND ONLY add-on using SimConnect?

- Could you create a SimConnect logfile using the instructions given at the following address: http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=58095 and send it to support@aivlasoft.com after the exception has been raised?

Hello Urs,

My replies to your questions and first off all I appreciate all your work to find out a solution:

- What other add-ons are simultaneously installed and running on your computer at the moment when the exception is raised?

The only add-onn that is running is REX for FSX

- Does the exception also occur if EFB is the ONE AND ONLY add-on using SimConnect?

I will try this tonight as only add-onn runing EFB and create a logfile and send that to you.

So I will use FSX and a default FSX plane only EFB and fly online.

Tommorow or tonight I hope to send you the log-file.

BR

Frans van Zantbeek

Frans,

One other set of questions since you are running under Windows 7 x64. (Feel free to send the answers to Urs via email if you prefer.)

• What are your FSX and EFB installation paths? (I have neither installed in my "Program Files" directory.)
    Do you run EFB and FSX "as administrator"? (I have both shortcuts set to do so. I also run REX, RC, etc. "as admin.")

IIRC you have tried many different OSes in your search for the "best FSX platform" for your use. I assume that each time you changed your OS, you did so on a completely clean hard drive - that you did not "upgrade" your OS.

Thank you for your time, and regards,

Hello GG-Flyer,

To come back to your questions:

What are your FSX and EFB installation paths? (I have neither installed in my "Program Files" directory.)

I have installed FSX on a different HD not to the Progarm Files this is mentioned already in so many forums

Do you run EFB and FSX "as administrator"? (I have both shortcuts set to do so. I also run REX, RC, etc. "as admin.")

I run all programs as Admin

IIRC you have tried many different OSes in your search for the "best FSX platform" for your use. I assume that each time you changed your OS, you did so on a completely clean hard drive - that you did not "upgrade" your OS.

I have installed all OS always on a clean drive never upgrade but always total new install

PS I have also O&O defrag for good performance

I hope you are happy with my answers.

I run nothing else then OS and FSX on the PC

No other programs installed only Adobe Reader no chat programs nothing.

I will send later today my Simconnect file as promised.

I am flying now online IVAO and only EFB is running.

1 hour already without any problem.

From the moment EFB created the flightplan I only have 1 Simconnect Data transfer mode "Ínactive" and the same time this changed to "Áctive".

BR

Frans

PS I still have 2 hours to go

Frans,

To be sure, I am a little "unhappy" with your answers as it seems you have a well-tuned FSX setup and EFB is not acting for you as it does with Urs, the beta-testers, and most [not all] other users. (Kidding aside, your answers are fine. They simply do not point me to an area where I can "smell" a problem)

The biggest difference I can see between your flying and mine [hardware, defragger, and OS aside - I do not see where they are an issue] is that you fly real-time for many hours whereas I do not have that patience [g]. I generally climb to cruise altitude, go to 4x, and then resume real-time when RC tells me to start my decent.

Later in my evening I will set up a 4+ hour flight and let my 7x7 fly on to somewhere unattended while I have dinner, sans ATC for the duration to see if I can force a simconnect exception or error.

You had mentioned earlier that at one time you looked up some airport data and were hit with the DefwndProc: HRESULT:OXCOOOO14B result. Was this with a stock airport, or a 3rd party scenery?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Hello my dear frien GG-Flyer,

Are you unhappy then I am unhappy because as you mentioned I have a wonderfull PC and it makes flying with FSX a joyfull hobby special when you can do that online for at least 6 hours a day.

I am pensioner so what let me having fun and as real as it gets.

And yes EFB was working fine and exelent yesterday without any problem.

Icould play with it like never before.

No problem but that was only with FSX and EFB.

That log from SimConnect is send to Urs.

Today I will do a flight nwith FSX, EFB and Rex.

I willkeep you informe and regarding your question:

I have not installed any other sceneries and Airports to my FSX.

Go for 4 days to Geneva and be back Tuesday for further comment

Frans

Hello Urs and GG-Flyer,

I have downloaded and installed Microsoft NetFramework 4.0. :D

I think and again I think that this solved maybe the problem? :o

Why?

Because this afternoon I made a flight online with REX for FSX and EFB and it was going well. 8-)

I have the Displayunit on my laptop and that works fine. I have opened the Dataprovider on my FSX PC to see messages and the only messages I receive are from connection time and flightplan created. This was today at 15.37.44

Therafter I only received at:

15.59.07 Warning connection terminated caused by: TmeoutSND.

Then at 15.59.28 Info connection accepted.

And then 16.38.25 Info Somconnection data transfermode changed to "Inactive and the same minute changed to active.

The same at 17.49.24.

I have regular tested the Menubar to see if the Freezing would appear but till now nothing happend. :D

I hope this is a solution as I have done nothing more then install netframe work 4.

I will keep you posted as any problem will come back but in my previous experience this should already have taken place.

Do you know that the file from SimConnect is 45GB big?

I will ask you to share my PC so you could see the file if you want because sending the file stopped working my Outlook?

Waiting your reply but I will be back by Tuesday or I will red it tonight till 2100 hours

BR and have a nice weekend without me complaining :oops:

Frans van Zantbeek

Hi Frans,

We're only happy when EFB users are happy ;) .

First, don't worry about sending that 43GB log file. Although that does reinforce some of my ideas - that simconnect is very very chatty, and with so much data traffic occurring it is no wonder that glitches happen.

I sent a 747 across the atlantic last evening on gps autopilot and noted no EFB problems this morning. (I had another add-on auto pause me 40 nm from my destination so I could land safely.)

I will try more real-time flights with more add-ons to see if I can find some combination that causes problems to occur. Although I'm of the opinion that it's just something that happens then may not happen, then may happen again. Last winter I had many FSX CTDs in the space of a few weeks, and just as quickly they stopped. I never knew what had happened.

Enjoy Geneva!! I will virtually land there tomorrow myself and maybe you and I can have a virtual coffee together, and then go off to virtually buzz Urs' offices? :lol:

With Regards,