Missing runways.txt

I'm using the trial version of EFB and on the first run of the program, I'm getting an error from the display unit that says it cannot activate my route because /Documents/AivlaSoft/EFB/UserData/Runways.txt is missing. I followed the install instructions and not sure what went wrong here.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi,

Please try the following:

- Open the installation and configuration manual, section 1, page 10. There you will see a screenshot of step 6.

- Run the installer for the full setup again and when it comes to step 6, press the button "show details".

- In the small window that opens, scroll down and search for the entry of the runways.txt file. There you will see whether the file has been written by the installer and you will also see where it has been written. If the file has been written by the installer but the DataProvider is telling that the file is missing, I must assume that another program on your computer (maybe any antivirus software or similar products) has removed it.

Hello,

sorry for the late Answer.

I have now the runways.txt.

But now there is another Problem.

In EDDP are the runways wrong displayed.

There is normally 08L/R and 26L/R.

BUt displayed is the old runways.

I run Flightsim Commander at the same PC and here is all OK.

I have installed German Airports 2

Matthias

Matthias,

It could also be that you may need to update your runways.txt file to have it conform to the Aerosoft scenery.

There should be a warning message in your EFB Data Provider that starts with the text "Available simulator runways are: ............" What are the runways that are presented to you there??

Regards,

Hi all,

the problem is the missing file "Runways.txt" on your computer. The file "Runways.txt" should be installed when running the EFB installer but as it looks the installer doesn't.

Today (2014-01-06) I have uploaded a new full-setup which has been fixed.

To fix it on your computer you can download the runways file herein and then copy/paste it into the following folder on your DataProvider's computer:

C:\Users\[your username]\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB\UserData

After saving the file to that location please restart the DataProvider.

Runways.txt

Hello,

sorry for the late answer.

I have installed the new verion, and there was a runways.txt file, but was empty.

So i copied the file from this thread in.

Now i get no error message but the Display of EDDP is alsways wong...see Pictures.

All other programms, FSC, Prosim737, P3Dv1 and so on runs with the Settings.

Matthias

Hallo Matthias,

It appears that your EFB is showing the default / stock EDDP scenery. In your DataProvider, please click Data | "Simulator scenery data update" and it will rescan your active sceneries and restart. Then restart your EFB Display Unit....

To check which scenery file is active for an airport, open the "Airport Information" panel and where I have the red oval in my screenshot, double click on the grey background and the file path should be displayed as shown.

[attachment=0]eddp.png[/attachment]

Hi,

like Travis explanes here :

To check which scenery file is active for an airport, open the "Airport Information" panel and where I have the red oval in my screenshot, double click on the grey background and the file path should be displayed as shown.

Hello,

i dont know the double click.

In the Picture you can see the path, it Points to Prepar3d v2, which is also installed on the PC running the DataProvider.

But why is this path read?

In the Provider i set up the Path to Prepar3d v1.4...see Pictures.

Matthias

Hello,

i got it to work now.

I just create a Symlink called Prepar3D v2 which Points to the Prepar3D v1.4 Directory.

Then i copied the scenery.cfg from the ProgrammData P3Dv2 Directory to the ProgrammData P3Dv1.4 Directory.

Thats it, now it runs...just to know also for others with the same Problem.

I found some other things wich are made to improve, but this is not the right place for that.

Ist more for the Beta tester Team i am not in.

Matthias

Matthias,

What you describe is not a problem. Rather, it is the intended implementation of EFB to be used with Prepare3D version 2.0 and newer versions. (As you can see in your latest screenshot.)

If you can have it work with your Prepare3D 1.4 - that's great. But we have chosen to support P3D version 2 onwards.