Aerosoft Airbus X Extended 1.15 Flight Plan Handler

All,

With the kind assistance of Aerosoft and their developers, we were able to have an EFB flight plan handler ready on the launch day of the Airbus X Extended version 1.15.

In this post you can find an in-progress build of the flight plan handler. This DLL writes individual CoRte files in the newer FLP format, and supports airway routing as well as direct waypoints. These flightplan files will not work with older versions of the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended.

Please follow the instructions below to install a copy for each of your EFB DisplayUnits:

1) Download the flight plan handler to a temporary folder and unzip the file (download link is below).

2) Quit any running EFB DisplayUnits.

3) Open Windows Explorer on each of your PCs which hosts an EFB DisplayUnit and locate the folder "plugins" which is below the installation folder of EFB (normally this is something like "C:\Program Files\AivlaSoft\EFB\plugins"). There is nothing to install if a PC only has an EFB DataProvider.

3) Copy the file "AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.AAXE.dll" into the "plugins" folder from your extracted ZIP file (from step 1).

5) Start your EFB DisplayUnit, load a route, and when you click Save, you can configure your path, filename pattern, and preferences

This handler will - when it's launched into EFB - attempt to read the \Documents\Aerosoft\AerosoftAirbusExtended\FMGS.ini file, and if it sees the line FullRoute=1 then you will have the ability to write procedures if you choose to.

If you encounter any FLP files that do not seem to work properly with your aircraft, please ZIP and post your FLP file here in the General Support board.

Version 1.03 of the handler has been attached to this post as of Friday Nov 15 2013, 0610 PST. It corrects problems reported in this post.

AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.AAXE.zip

Airbus 1.15 FPH

I can not install the .dll file. I do not have a plugin folder in the directory D:Aivlasoft/EFB/ .

What is wrong ?

My configuration: Data Provider ont the FSX Computer. Display Unit on a 2. Computer.

The system is working.

with best regards

herrcharly

It was fine when I posted it, but I see that it's reported as corrupt now so I've removed it.

I'm also not able to upload it again - forum is not happy with me today - so look for it when Urs can upload it or post it to the regular download area of the site.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

I downloaded and installed the 1.15 Flight Plan Handler with no problems. I kicked off my DisplayUnit, created a route, saved it to the correct directory, imported it in my Airbus 321 and.. no route. Only the only the ICAO codes appear. No airways or fixes. I'm probably missing something obvious.

Ideas?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if the missing "airways" issue has been looked at yet but I am also seeing the same behavior when trying to load a EFB created plan into AeroSoft's AirbusX. I've emailed support with all of the supporting information they asked for with a previous poster.

It appears to me that one airway will not load when importing the plan into AXE. It does appear to always be the LAST airway of the created plan and ALL other airways listed before the last one ARE properly loaded into AXE.

Hope to hear from support guys soon.

Tony P

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi there,

I am about testing EFB with A320EX, in particular the fpl handling. Seems it doesn't work for me yet though I have installed the handler-dll. I've created a fpl from MUC to FRA with EFB, saved it "with procedures" in A320EX-mode, loaded it into MCDU of A320EX. SID is then the same (correct), but STAR is missing completely. What's wrong?

Best

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

did you download the dll from herein (a posted link in the forum) or did you run the update 1.5.1 which contains the latest version of all flight plan handlers?

Here is how it looks on my system:

[attachment=0]flightplanhandlers.jpg[/attachment]

• 6 months later...

howdee all!

I have a similar problem BUT the "write procedures" checkbox box is greyed out, and I am not able to save procedures. As a result, the only thing that shows up in the Aerosoft flightplan is departing and arriving airports.

Note, that I am flying the new A319 and not the extended version. The path I save to is:

M:\Users\Chas\Documents\Aerosoft\Airbus\FlightPlans

The plugin path is:

M:\ProgramFiles(x86)\AivlaSoft\EFB\plugins\AivlaSoft.FlightPlanHandlers.AAXE.dll

which shows the same version number and time/date info as yours does. As a precaution, I downloaded the latest update to 1.5.1, even though that is what I am running.

The update made no difference.

...any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance for your speedy reply,

Regards,

Chas

Hi Chas,

saving procedures might be restricted by the add-on developer. Also in in r/w procedures will not be saved along with a routing of a flight plan because the routing might be re-used the other day, but then the weather is different and maybe another runway is in use and the procedure is no longer the same than yesterday.

As a result, the only thing that shows up in the Aerosoft flightplan is departing and arriving airports.
I guess that your flight plan does only consist of a SID and a STAR (or approach procedure) and does not contain any enroute waypoints.