Crash with EFB running - Exception from HRESULT: 0xC000014B

Hi and thanks for getting back,

no I must say that I only got it once but as you know more than me that closes fsx and it is such a pain...

Your software is very nice and it is definetely worth the money, I did try it and 99% of the time it did run smooth so in the end I may get it anyway when the trial is over.

I do have one more question: "I tried to insert a taxi path at KJFK (fs dreamteam) from pp to runway 22R and it was K,KK,G,B,ZA but it didn't appear correctly, are you planning to fix that?

Thanks again,

David

Hi David,

After looking at the ap_KJFK.bgl file from FSDT it appears to me that the "K" and the "KK" paths run parallel and wouldn't connect. There is an intersecting taxiway (the one which connects KK-K-H and goes down to G) but it doesn't have a designator.

K-B-ZA is a valid path to 22R, starting at 30 perhaps. And I can see where K-[blank]-G-B-ZA would be a valid path, but without a designator it can't be entered. My government-issued ground map of KJFK doesn't go into detail as to what that taxipath should be called, but if we can find that information and edit the bgl, that would solve things.

But in looking at the bgl file as-is, K-to-KK doesn't seem possible.

Regards,

David,

Here's how EFB sees the FSDT bgl - I believe you were starting in the area of the green circle and were going to 22R - the red circle.

Now I've drawn in magenta what I would consider the "logical" path to get you from aisle "K" to 22R. (Well it's short if not logical. :) ) The part of the path that I've highlighed in yellow does not have a taxiway designator in the bgl. And without a designator, EFB can't use that segment.

Now if your Navigraph chart gives the "undesignated segment" a code, then those segments would need to be edited in the bgl to assign the code. (Edited and recompiled using ADE or a similar tool.)

The EFB taxiway handling routines are set for an update for the version after the currently-being-worked-on version.

[attachment=0]kjfk-ground-22r.jpg[/attachment]

Yes that was exactly the taxi route I wanted to follow...

I roughly understand what you are telling me, do I understand right that part where you say EFB will be updated for this matter?

Anyway thanks and it is still a good program, I wish it was for FS9 to...

David Di Domizio

Yes that was exactly the taxi route I wanted to follow...

I roughly understand what you are telling me, do I understand right that part where you say EFB will be updated for this matter?

If a taxiway segment does not have a designator - an alphanumeric code - then using the current EFB system (where each segment is selected to build a taxiway-list) there is no way to tell EFB that you want to use the undesignated segment.

If someone could post information as to what that segment should be named, anyone could revise the bgl and post that here (or on the FSDT forum) for use. The generic FAA ground chart does not go into enough detail. The segment in question isn't even documented on that chart:

[attachment=0]kjfk-ground-faa.jpg[/attachment]

There have been discussions of different taxiway-list-building methods that could be used in a future version of EFB, but nothing has been decided.

Regards,