EFB version 2.0 status

Thanks Urs. Flight Plan exporters? Why? Exporting to what?

Maybe some screenshots when it's released to beta testers?

Have you considered a staggered release with some features released later?

Like check-lists for example. Just a thought. I use Concorde so my check-list is quite different to slow aircraft. ;-)

Wouldn't the PMDG 737 & 777 and FS Labs A320 have their own check-lists anyway? Duplicate work perhaps?

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ray,

Flight plans created with EFB can be saved to various file formats, like FS9, FSX, PMDG, etc. to just name a few. This is not a new feature, it's already implemented in version 1. As per the screenshots, please read my previous post. I first thought about a staggered release, but the more I think about the more I come the point that it does not make a lot of sense. Apart from that, the checklists or the library are not the features that take a lot of time to develop. Writing the manuals will take far more time, and the videos anyway. The triple seven has its own built-in checklists, but not the 737. The A320 has kind of checklists built-in, but not all. But all the GA aircraft will not have their built-in checklists.

Urs,

I'm really surprised to see you describe EFB as a flight planner. I've never used it as that. I'm unsure how I would add the various waypoints between the end of the SID and start of the STAR using the various jet routes.

I use PFPX to create my FSX plans (minus the SID and STAR) then load them into EFB. I then choose the relevant runways and SID & STAR dependent on wind.

Hopefully writing the manuals will be shorter than with v1 as much of what is there will stay I would have thought. Unless you really are throwing v1 away and starting again from scratch.

Don't worry about a checklist for Concorde. The FS Labs's team have an excellent tutorial which includes all the required stages. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Toby,

I'm working on EFB since more than five years (more or less 7 days a week and 10 to 12 hours a day). Currently I'm taking a break since my batteries are a bit too low powered in the meantime ... :shock:

Version 2 is a completely re-write of the code base with new features, a new and redesigned user interface and much more. Therefore it will not be a free update. Existing users will get a discount on the retail price. Currently no price is defined and also no discount.

this is a reply from Urs on top of this post

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

EFB v2 is being tested with several aircraft types, on different systems and with different siulators. As of today nobody has complained about simulator-stutters.

BTW, according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm... I'll look into it. I cannot find any info on "Holding" in the manual, but I can see it in one picture regarding missed approach in section 7, page 31.

When I needed it last week, I was on approach for EDDM and had to enter holding at LANDU, but I had no info on EFB. I was on SKYPE with a friend who was flying the same route, using charts from NAVIGRAPH. He told me the correct headings for this particular holding as navigraph charts had that info.
I thought our charts was based on the same data and showing the same info... 

AHA :D
But I noticed one holding at NERDU as I was flying into LOWW this weekend, so I guess it's there already.

The Holding was only visible in arrival chart... or was it approach?... and maybe thats it. I've been looking for it in the wrong charts? maybe.

Thanks for explaining anyway.

Have a nice day

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Even in its present format, EFB 1.6.8 is the best add on for FSX/P3D. I never fly without it. Like everyone else I am eager to see v2 released....how can you make the best better? :-)

Brgds

ken

One suggestion. Make the Flightlog an exportable document. And as we're now into a new year any chance of an update on v2 progress? I'm not getting any younger Urs. ;)

Assuming that you a valid copy of microsoft excel and Adobe Acrobat (not sure if you can do this just with the reader app or not) on your PC. Open up the PDF IFR Flight Log, Once displayed, click File, Save As Other and then you should see a list of available options including Word, Excel, HTML etc.  Works perfectly.

Best regards

Ken