EFB version 2.0 status

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I might get a faster response sorry for the double post. I've been looking to add EFB to my flight sim planners but from what I've read is that the  2.0 release is around the corner and previous owners of EFB will have to repurchase the 2.0 newer version (undisclosed discount if any).

That doesn't make me feel to good knowing I just spent $60. today and a new version is out a month or two later. Am I  understanding this correctly or did I miss something?

1 hour ago, surfcandy said:

Thought I might get a faster response sorry for the double post. I've been looking to add EFB to my flight sim planners but from what I've read is that the  2.0 release is around the corner and previous owners of EFB will have to repurchase the 2.0 newer version (undisclosed discount if any).

That doesn't make me feel to good knowing I just spent $60. today and a new version is out a month or two later. Am I  understanding this correctly or did I miss something?

I am in the same situation as I assume are many others. I would consider purchasing the current version if I knew what my actual cost will be to upgrade to v2 and how long away that may be.

Existing users will get a discount. The details about the discount have not yet been discussed because I'm still fully absorbed in programming and testing this new version.

There will also be a so called 'grace period'. Grace period means that customers who purchased the old version within 30 days before the new version is released, will get a free update to the new version.

6 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Existing users will get a discount. The details about the discount have not yet been discussed because I'm still fully absorbed in programming and testing this new version.

There will also be a so called 'grace period'. Grace period means that customers who purchased the old version within 30 days before the new version is released, will get a free update to the new version.

Thank you for this info...

8 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Thanks that makes a difference. Now I can proceed to purchase. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

When running simulator scenery updater would it be possible to have an option to scroll back through the list to see if there are any problems?

At the moment it flies through everything and can only press okay when finished and I cannot see what or if there are any problem to correct.

Regards

Leo de Haan

Scotland

• 2 months later...
On 19-9-2017 at 8:49 AM, aivlasoft said:

Thanks for this info! To buy or not to buy now..  That grace period sounds good!

• 1 month later...

I just purchased Aivlasoft and I see a 2.0 version has been in works since 2013. What are the chances of getting the current version to work with the Vat-Spy database? Also it was late 2017 when it was stated that 2.0 was close to complete. Any new status updates?

9 hours ago, Timonier said:

What a long time for this beta test ? 

How long would you test? I prefer to test as long as I'm still finding bugs ...

Soon we will start to enlarge the beta team by around 10 new members.

9 hours ago, Timonier said:

Could we expect a really version 2.0 this year ?

Yes.

8 hours ago, helberger said:

And it all started in 2013.

Yes, you're right. EFB v2 is a highly complex software, and unfortunately the flightsim market is too small to get a huge turnover which would allow to hire some additional developers. I have to do all the work by myself, but if you can do it faster ... just get in touch with me.

7 hours ago, Wise87 said:

What are the chances of getting the current version to work with the Vat-Spy database?

Development for EFB v1 has been ceased, for obvious reasons. EFB v2 works with the latest VAT-Spy update.

7 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Also it was late 2017 when it was stated that 2.0 was close to complete.

We're still in beta, but will soon enlarge the team to have a wider variety of user specific installation and running scenarios.

Just bought EFB v1 yesterday as soon as my trial was over. This is a really good piece of a software and if v2 will see eventually the light of a day I'll be more than happy to switch (at reasonable discount price, of course! :-))

In fact, it suits me so well that I have invested in an extra Windows-powered tablet just so I can run the display unit on separate screen!

Keep up the good work!

IMG_2745.jpg

I don't have a detailed list of features. EFB v2 will basically remain an electronic flight bag and provides more or less the same features as in v1, but there are significant improvements in several regards, like procedures selection and depiction, flight planning, default GPS integration, user interface, and many more. It's completely new developed and supports now different simulators via FSUIPC (FS9, FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv2, P3Dv3, P3Dv4). XPlane will follow, but only later because this requires a new simulator interface to be developed.